Past?

There he stood, surrounded with fire and destruction. The buildings around him decimated and the ground he stood on caved in.

Blood and soot covered his body. The flames around him crawled closer towards him, licking his body.

He fell down on his knees. He couldn't see his sister's body, probably buried deep in the rubble.

His mother lay on the ground. The flames slowly embracing her. Concrete covered her lower body like a large blanket.

Her face was bloody. Her beauty was hidden by the many bruises and blood marks on her face.

Her forest green hair with red strands fell down on her face, hiding her painful smile. The smile she directed at him as she was being beaten to death.

"Everything will be All right," she had said, as she embraced him and his sister.

He looked towards where his father was tied up. A small pile of ash lay on the ground, before it too, left his sight and his life.

A sharp pain appeared in his eyes. He clutched them tightly. When he pried his own hands away from his eyes, he found that he could see better. He could see farther and he could see more. See what he should not see.

He saw what would Haunt his dreams at night.

Far away, stood a man shrouded in the darkness. His blood red eyes locked on to the grieving boy's.

Izuku screamed.

He screamed and he ran.

He ran far, far away.

But he also made a promise there.

To find who that man was.

And if he was involved in this incident, to kill him.