Chapter 23: day 3

Linda's p.o.v

I woke up to the same routine, only this time I wasn't grumpy I was Happy? Yeah I had a smile on my face. I was happy to finally get out of this place. This place was not a very good place to be at, I prefer to be at school than this dump.

This time I got to go out side. I was looking around to see if I could find Justin so he can tell me what's he's doing here. I sat down at a table I was looking around, noticing what everyone was doing. These people are not to smart, I can see some trading cigars, other where trading food for money. Then I looked at the other side of the fence. Boys where just bieng boys, they where playing basketball, raping, trying to treat each other. And then I notice, between the 2 fences there where also trades going on. Some girls sold there bra and panties for some cash, ew. This place we only get 2 pairs of bra and panties a week so they stank, but I guess they liked it. I notice this girls underwear was wet. The guy had a smirk on his face and sniffed the underwear. At the look of them at I was about to throw up.

Time passes as I notice everyone doing the usual, I guess you can say that. soon it was time to change, I try to go to a hidden spot as soon as possible. Believe it or not it wasn't that hard. I saw the new girls come and I waited a few minutes just to be safe. Once I got out a couple eyes where on me but I guess they didn't really care enough to say something. I sat down at a different table and immediately looked at the guys side. I saw the same type of things going on, but I didn't spot him. Was he out? Was he punished? Question and thought raced trough my mind. Then I heard a security guard yell "stand down prisoners, we are looking for a prisoner!" I laid down like everyone else just in case it wasn't me and they move along.

"She had dark brown hair!" Another yelled. Shit! I have that color hair.

"Here's one" I heard a voice close to me say. Then I felt my hair pulled and I stood up. "FOUND HER" the same lady said. She aggressively pulled me inside.

"SO YOU TRIED TO SNEEK INTO THE OTHER GROUP" I shook my head no. "DONT LIE, WE CAUGHT YOU THERE!"

"Exactly, I didn't try! I didn't SNEEK into the other group" I calmly corrected her.

"Well it doesn't matter, the only reason why we notice was because your mom payed bailed and your free." She informed me. I was so happy, the lady led me to a my "freedom path" as they called it.

I was walking straight till I came upon this door of bars and I waited till one of the security buzz the door. I heard the buzzy and pulled the door, then I saw the little window and the same security that buzz the door, has handed me a bag, I open the bag and saw my belongings. I chuckle at the fact of me almost forgetting I had clothes before I came to this place. A security pointed me to a changing room. I walked inside and started to unbutton my orange jumpsuit. I took of my bra and underwear a, witch by the way smelled discussing. I put on the bra that and the underwear. Yeah they were reused but 2 days are better than 1 week. I finished putting on the outfit and walked out. I took one last look at the envelope, I realized that I almost forgot my phone. I took it out immediately and saw I had lots of notifications. I got some from ig; fohlo; wattpad; games; Twitter; and YouTube.

I had to sign a paper after to confirm they gave me all my belongings. I sign it and walk to another gate that also had to ring in order to function well. Then a security guard walked me to the last door. "Enjoy your freedom while you have it" the cop said, I was confused "while you have it?" I ask him. "Yeah they always come back" The hell? he's comparing me to other people and I hate it! "Well I'm not them and I'm not coming back so I would suggest for you to keep quite"I made sure I didn't give him so much attitude so theres not a chance they will say I insulted an officer again. I walked out and was greeted with my mom. I ran and gave her such a big hug "hola mija come Estas" (hey daughter how are you?) "good" I responded "okay let's go"

Today was Thursday so I still had to go to school tomorrow. On the ride home I was picturing what everyone would say and how they react. I was thinking what if Sofia was at school or what would Ariana think, most importantly is Justin there? What did he do? "LINDA!" My mom yelled. "What?" I responded "I said are you going to school tomorrow?" I couldn't hear my mom speak because of my thoughts. "Wait! Your letting me choice?" I was shocked. He nodded in response and I said "yeah" at first she seemed surprise but then proud.

I arrived home and I saw my dad, lil sis and Ariana. I notice my brother wasn't there. I ignored it for a minute, and hugged my dad seconds later I hugged my little sister and lastly I hugged Ariana. It took a minute before we let go and I carried Yasmin while they ask me all these question:
"How was it?"
"Why you do it?"
"I heard you got in a fight there"
"what did you wear?"
"how does juvy work"
"made any friends?"
"How many people were there?"
"Are you okay?"
"What did you do?"
"Did you talk to Justin?"

That's when I snapped out. "Wait what do you guys know about that?" I ask all of them. I put Yasmin down and took a deep breath. "Umm sweetie I think it's best if Justin tell you" my mom said in a low tone. "Okay well at lease tell me where my own brother is? Didn't he know I get out today?" I was getting pissed no one will tell me shit. "Honey umm I can't tell you that either" my mom responded again. I looked at my dad and ari, there heads where down like if they where ashamed of something.

I walked upstairs to take a nap in my bed. Then I saw a piece of paper in my bed. I opened it to see what it was. The letter read:

"Look I know you saw me in jail, and I saw you, I want to tell you why I was there but I want to tell you properly. I wanted to tell you with someone else but he's not available. Tomorrow show up to school I'll tell you everything you want to know"-love Justin

I put the note aside and felt asleep.