The Idea Of Him And I

-The Idea Of Him And I-

"I'm confident

But I can't pretend I wasn't terrified to meet you

I knew you could see right through me

I saw my life flash right before my very eyes"

-Stranger-Secondhand Serenade-

13th of April 2012

Pocking out my bottom lip, I blew up, making the dark hair at his nape move away from my nose. He squirmed, hiding his neck from me. I blew again, laughing ever so slightly. "Hmm." He said irritably, but at the same time, turned in our squashed conditions and buried his head in my breasts. I smiled sleepily down at him, running my hands through those nut brown locks. Looking up, I squinted through the cracks in the curtains that covered the tiny window that looked out of the side of the bus. The sounds of Coachella were starting leak through the walls, and it filled me with sleepy excitement. We had arrived in the early afternoon yesterday after making our lazy way from Brazil where they had performed at Lollapalooza to sixty thousand. It had been incredible. As soon as we arrived in Coachella Valley, they all had gone straight to do sound checks for their show today. The days so far had been full of sun and laughter, with only a few small dark clouds that had passed as quickly as they had came. We were getting quite good at working through stuff now. I suppose that's what happens after you spend a decent amount of time together, you start to understand. After the first day together and that night that I had freaked out, it had got better. I was slowly coming to terms with the feelings, but at the same time, was starting to worry over if he was feeling the same way. I would have to be blind to not see that his feelings for me ran deep. But how deep is deep?

Al's hand slid to my bare thighs, slowly stroking with his fingertips. He was still half asleep, but I knew he would wake soon. He had an interview with KROQ before the show tonight anyway. I pulled gently at his hair, brushing my lips up and down his forehead. We were currently squished together like two bubbles that molded around each other, in one of the small beds on the bus. There were four buses all together, two beds in each that were just over the normal width of a single bed. Matt and Brea were accompanying the one across from us. Our small one was shielded from the rest of the bus by a thin curtain that opened into the pass between the beds, heading to the kitchen area. I fingered the cheap material of the light green curtain, playing with the idea of getting up. I dismissed it promptly. I had absolutely nothing I needed to do. Well except clear up from last night, as we had, had a little party of our own. Basically consisting of a few bottles of wine and some weed that someone had got hold of. My belly felt slightly unstable but all together I was fine. Later I would help with the getting ready of the show, as the techie crew had quickly found out that I was a dab hand at all that backstage stuff. I had told them with some pride that my great uncle was actually the one that invented the movable stage that they all worshiped so much. Since then I had been seen more as an asset than a hindrance when I was around.

"You're thinkin' pretty 'ard darlin'" Alex's muffled voice came out from just below the covers.

My lips twitched, "Am I?"

"Hmhm, your toe is twitchin'."

My big toe was in fact slowly moving up and down. I let out a snort of laughter, "And that means I'm thinking hard?"

"Yup," He said, popping the last letter, while bringing his head into the light. He blinked at me, then smiled sleepily, breathing a heavy sigh. I watched as he moved onto his back, bringing his hands up to his eyes, and rubbing life back into them. He went to stretch his arms above him, but hit the fake wood of the wall above his head. His knuckles gave a resounding' thwack' as they hit the wall. He withdrew them quickly, "Ouch." I took them in my hands, kissing the skin softly, "How long have you slept in this bed now? Surely you should know you can't stretch in it."