I'll Write a Song About You

- I'll Write a Song About You -

"And I bet she told a million people that she'd stay in touch,

But all the little promises they don't mean much,

When there's memories to be made..."

-31st December 2011/1st January 2012-

"And would you like salt and vinegar with that?"

"Yes, and can I have a little bit of Mayonnaise too, please?" I replied to the young women behind the counter.

Jade and I were currently in a small chippy a few streets away from our destination. After a short(ish) tube ride we had gotten off and I had explained that I hadn't had anything to eat since lunch. As predicted Jade was delighted that we would be getting chips.

"Do you wanna eat them at the party or shall we find a bench?" Jade inquired from behind me. She currently had her arms linked around my neck, face in my hair.

"Urm, lets find a bench, I think that would be the best plan of action." I said as I paid for our chips and turned towards the door, Jade still attached to me. We parted as we went out of the door into the night. Passing the chips to Jade, I took my phone out of my bag and checked the time. The party had started about 15 minutes ago, but I was content to take it slow and eat the the chips, god knows it wouldn't end until early in the morning.

We made our way to a nearby bench that looked quite dirty, but then again, what did you expect in London. We sat and I unwrapped the paper from around my chips, while Jade did the same beside me. We sat and ate for a while, before Jade licked her fingers and turned to me. I silently groaned, here we go.

"Rhea I need to talk to you."

I ate a chip.

"I don't think you're being completely truthful with me about a certain man."

I ate a second chip.

"Rhea! I am talking to you. You are going to have to tell me about him properly at some point. I mean, you haven't even told me his name. I've told you about my adventure last week, so why won't you tell me about yours?"

I sighed and looked up. "Because Jade, I am afraid if I start to talk about him, I won't stop. I am afraid he is going to take over my mind. He's just that sort of guy." I gave a little smile. "Oh and his name is Alex, Alex Turner." And I waited, there was silence from beside me.

And then: "You what! Why didn't you tell me before! Seriously Rhea you have been like the worst friend. Oh wait. You must have slept together, he's fucking sexy as fuck, I don't even know, but the point is, how did you resist?"

I smiled and turned to Jade. "Well actually we did sleep together." She gasped. "As in, we literally slept in the same bed, together, just like I told you before. And how did I resist you ask? Well I resisted because there is more to Al than just a stupidly good body, and right then, that was what I wanted. Oh and also, we may be seeing him tonight, if Matt can persuade him to come."

Jade jumped up and did a little wiggle, arm waving dance thingy, which got some admiring glances from a group of passing men and women. After she had got it out of her system by dancing and a few choice swear words, she sat back down next to me and grabbed my hand.

"Do you know what this means? Do you! It means dreams do come true!"

I nodded my head in agreement. "Indeed it does my dear Jade, indeed it does." She jumped up again throwing half of her chips into the bin next to the bench. Then she turned and looked expectantly at me.