Author's Note

Before I begin, let me say this: Thank you so much for joining me on this crazy journey called No Going Back. To say this ending feels surreal would be a massive understatement . . . I honestly can't believe that we've reached this point!

When I first started No Going Back, I knew this story was going to be different. And not just because of all the wild twists and turns, but because of all of the challenges and opportunities it would present to me as a writer. I knew I'd have to step outside of my comfort zone, I knew I'd have to dig deeper than ever before, and I knew I'd have to create one hell of a plot to ensure everything came together in the end. But there were so many things I didn't know, too.

I didn't know that I'd spent almost a whole year writing this story (I fully expected to pop it out in two months, just like all of my other books). I didn't know that some days I'd feel so burnt out that I would consider giving up writing NGB completely. I didn't know that challenging myself really meant challenging myself . . . I didn't have a good understanding of what all those struggles would feel like. I didn't realize that growing as a writer would come with growing pains, too.

And even though the process was emotionally exhausting at times (and mentally, too), I would do it all over again to achieve what I did with No Going Back. Because man, I am so proud of myself for writing this story. I didn't know that I had this in me, seriously. And seeing this gigantic, full-length novel with developed characters, intricate plot, and hopefully some of the best dialogue I've written thus far . . . I still can't believe I was able to do all that.

And a huge reason I was able to write this story? To finish it? You, my readers and friends. I owe you all a massive thank you. A thank you for reading, for constantly showering me with love and support, and for allowing me to push my boundaries and experience a whole new side to my writing. I know I say this a lot, but I hope you realize how much I mean it: I would not be the writer I am - nor would I be where I am - without you.

I feel like I connected with you all so much in the comments of No Going Back. This story had a lot of heavy topics - from grief to trauma to healing - and I am so appreciative of each and every one of you who shared your own experiences. We've all learned so much together. And I think that's always been my biggest goal in writing . . . sharing personal stories, resonating and growing with characters, and becoming connected to others. I hope in some way that you all have experienced a bit of that through this story.

Before I get into what's next for me, I have some questions (because I'm both greedy and excited and genuinely curious!): Did you have a favorite character? A favorite scene or line? Was there something that really stuck with you? Really, I'd be interested in knowing any and all thoughts!

Alright, onto what's next for me! Honestly . . . I haven't thought that far yet. I have multiple ideas for Book #5, a full-length Taekook story, and they are all so different from one another! I thought I had settled on one (I had teased a lot of angst) but now . . . Now I'm torn between more twisty plot lines or more slice-of-life stories! I'm also seriously considering other projects as well - like that NGB spinoff focusing on Yoongi, Jimin, and Hoseok - so after a short break, I'll start seriously considering what to focus on. If you want to stay in the loop, the best way will be to check out my message board for announcements, my bio, or my insta!

So now we've reached the final parting note, my last sappy message to you all. If you've taken anything away from No Going Back - anything at all - I will be so, so happy. If these characters have made you laugh, if the story has provided you with an escape, or if the plot has distracted you from what's going on in the world, I will be proud. I've always written for me, but I won't lie. I write for you all, too.

Thank you a million times more. I love you always.

Forever Yours,

ναℓєη