31

Hence the saying: If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.

The Art of War
Sun Tzu

"Sweetheart, come on. It's time to get up."

A loud and disgruntled groan rumbled in Jungkook's throat as he clung tighter to Taehyung, using his still-naked chest as a pillow. "Ten more minutes."

"That's what you said ten minutes ago, you little brat," Taehyung chided in amusement, his fingers idly brushing back the hair on Jungkook's forehead. His other hand traced up and down his spine, creating a lazy pattern that threatened to lull Jungkook into a deep sleep.

"Yoongi won't get here for another couple of hours, which leaves us plenty of time to cuddle," Jungkook pouted, his argument weakened by his breathy tone and whiny words. "Don't you want to hold me for a little while longer, angel?"

The hand on his back drifted lower, slowly grazing against his skin before delivering a mild slap to his bare ass. And even though he had his eyes closed, he could feel Taehyung smirking.

"In case you didn't realize," the elder said with a chuckle, "we're both sticky and smell like sex."

A satiated murmur pushed through Jungkook's lips as he recalled their lovemaking, a passionate and unifying act that gave him strength when he needed it the most. And yeah, sure, he couldn't deny that his sweaty skin made him itch or that a particular aroma clung to their bodies, but he really didn't care. All that mattered was Taehyung's chest pressed against his own, warm and familiar and soft.

"I don't mind," Jungkook countered, though he finally opened his eyes when an amused scoff sounded from above. After blinking a few times to clear the blurry film of exhaustion from his vision, he sucked in an appreciative breath when his gaze settled on his boyfriend.

A sheen of sweat decorated Taehyung's torso, his honey-colored skin glistening under the warm lighting. Red bruises bloomed around his neck, the locations purposely and thoughtfully placed under Jungkook's ardent discretion. His lips remained marginally swollen while his cheeks retained a pinkish flush. And emanating from his dark eyes was a fierce look of love and adoration, a look so magnificent that Jungkook's heart swelled against his ribcage.

"You're so beautiful," he murmured, unable to keep the words to himself. "I mean, you always are, but this whole sex aura around you is an added plus. So really, I don't mind."

"You don't mind because you don't have lube and cum drying between your legs," Taehyung laughed once more, wiggling his hips for emphasis as he glanced at the area in question. "So really, your opinion doesn't count right now. Let's go wash up."

Ignoring the order, Jungkook propped up onto his elbows and allowed himself a look at the elder's inner thighs. He nearly moaned with desire as he studied the thick release and shiny lubricant sticking to his skin, a messy smear that definitely had to be uncomfortable at this point. And while some might have found the display either dirty or off-putting, Jungkook's stomach clenched with growing arousal. There was something overwhelmingly erotic about knowing he was the cause of his boyfriend's current state.

"Why does it look like you're about to lick me clean?" Taehyung asked after a moment, his usually deep voice even rougher around the edges.

"Maybe because I'm considering it." Jungkook's tongue darted out of his mouth unconsciously - okay, maybe very consciously - as he gripped the elder's waist. "Would you let me?"