chapter seven

a/n writing this quick chapter then going to sleep bc i feel bad for not updating yesterday. also did anyone see weston tweet at chandler riggs bc that shit gave me a heart attack

the sun has set below the horizon now, a darker sky setting in. kalynn has been home for a little while now and jade turned out to be fine, just a minor stomach issue. she's been passed out for the past hour having gotten no sleep because of the cat, so weston and i keep out of her way for the time being.

we've also finished editing the video. well, weston did. i just watched him as he demonstrated everything, but i'm not complaining. i love spending time with him. 

about thirty minutes ago he told me he had "a few things to take care of", and left to go do whatever. i've just been watching tv in the living room waiting for him to get back. i can't even imagine what he's doing to prepare for this upcoming outing. i can barely wait any longer. 

the random gravity falls episode plays in the background as i tune it out. weston finally bursts through the front door. his hair looks fluffy, and he's wearing an oversized black knitted sweater with light blue ripped jeans and a pair of tennis shoes. 

"you look nice," i comment, smiling faintly at his appearance. 

he smiles lightly, accentuating his clear skin that i could not be more jealous of. "why thank you."

my legs are outstretched on the couch, and weston lifts them up so he can sit next to me. he places my legs back on top of his lap, smoothing the top of his fingernail against my bare skin. my back begins to tingle as his dark eyes look at me through the top of his hair. 

"so?" 

he presses his lips together. of course he knows what i'm about to ask. "so what?"

i sigh and tuck my legs underneath me, instantly regretting the loss of his touch. "if you make me ask one more time-"

he cuts me off by kissing my lips softly, nothing too fast. as he pulls away, i can see the crease in his forehead. he looks almost worried, stressed. 

we stare at each other for a few moments. his eyes flutter from side to side, trying to decide which of my eyes to focus on. they occasionally glance down at my lips, but he resists the urge to kiss me again. why?

"get dressed, i have something to show you," he says, his usually booming voice at a small whisper. 

i nod, uncertain on why he's being so weird. "what should i wear? are we going somewhere fancy?"

"something warm," he replies immediately, as if he was already anticipating that i'd ask. "it's a little chilly out now that the sun is down." 

i leave without a word and open the door slowly to kalynn's room. she's curled up in a ball under the covers, jade laying in the fold of her lower stomach. i tiptoe over to the closet, careful not to make any noise that would wake her. 

hmmm, something warm? i take a navy blue v-neck sweater off a hanger and decide to wear a simple white tee under it. i search through my suitcase for a pair of pants, suddenly remembering i have those light pink ones i got at the thrift store. the contrast of colors looks nice on me, and i separate my hair into two braids to smooth it out a little bit more. 

"where are you going?" kalynn grumbles into her pillow. i whirl around to face her, but her eyes are still completely shut. "i like your pants."

"thanks," i start, trying to think of a response to her question. "um, we're just gonna go find some place to eat."

she turns over, her back to me now. "have fun. sorry i'm being such a debby downer."

i laugh awkwardly, "no! you should get your rest, there's always tomorrow to do something."