The Warriors of Kyoshi

Blurb
Aang, Hikari, Katara, and Sokka go to the island of Kyoshi, where they receive a chilly reception. After the twins prove that they are the avatars, they become celebrities.

The exiled prince sat at his desk in a dark room with four candles lit in front of him. His eyes were closed and with each exhale, the flames grew bigger, before shrinking back down as he inhaled.

The door to his room opened and his Uncle Iroh stood in the doorway.

"The only reason you should be interrupting me is if you have news about the avatars," Zuko said, opening his eyes but not turning to face his uncle.

Iroh pushed the door open wider and said, "Well there is news, Prince Zuko, but you might not like it. Don't get too upset."

"Uncle, you taught me that keeping a level head is a sign of a great leader. Now, whatever you have to say, I'm sure I can take it."

"Okay, then. We have no idea where they are."

The flames on the table grew up to four times their size along with Zuko's anger.

"What?" He shouted, turning around as Iroh shielded his face.

"You really should open a window in here," Iroh said, fanning himself with a little red folding fan.

"Give me the map!" Zuko demanded, snatching the scroll in his uncle's hand.

"There have been multiple sightings of the avatars, but they're impossible to track down," Iroh explained further.

"How am I going to find them, Uncle?" Zuko asked. "They are clearly masters of evasive maneuvering."

•••

"Neither of you have any idea of where you're going, do you?" Sokka asked.

"Well, I know it's beer water," Aang offered, unhelpfully.

Sokka looked over Appa's saddle to see the ocean.

"I guess, we're getting close, then," Sokka said sarcastically.

"Aang?" Hikari asked.

Since leaving the air temple, she had reopened the link, much to Aang's joy, letting them speak privately again.

"Yeah?" Aang replied happily.

Ever since his sister reopened the link after closing it for the first time ever, Aang took every opportunity to talk to Hikari.

"Do you think you can tell Sokka that we'll be there soon?" She asked sheepishly.

Aang mentally sighed. "You have to talk to other people, Hikari. Besides, I think Sokka and Katara are getting a little weirded out."

"Please?"

Aang smiled sadly and nodded.

"We'll be there soon," Aang announced, seeing the water tribe siblings staring at him and Hikari. "What?"

"How do you know?" Sokka questioned. "A second ago you said, 'I know it's near water'. And why do you keep going quiet for a while before talking again?"

The twins shared a nervous look.

"It's another thing that came with being double avatars," Aang explained, doubting his and his sister's reasoning. "The monks couldn't explain much, but Hikari and I guessed that because we're twins and the avatars, we can talk to each other in our heads."