Chapter 13

hey guys. sorry for the super long update for the hundredth time.

I kinda died and high-fived the three-headed-dog from the underworld. Then, I asked Judy Hopps from Zootopia to teach me how to dougie, but that's definitely no excuse for my long absence.

on a more serious note, I'm really sorry for not updating sooner. Ngl i kinda thought about discontinuing this story because of my inconsistency to update and lack of motivation, but you know what, WE'LL PULL THROUGH AND I'LL START UPDATING REGULARLY!

I really appreciate those of you who stuck around despite my terrible terribleness. i love you all so much you have no idea.

I'll finish the story and won't make you wait for an unnecessarily long amount of time anymore. ilysm

~ • ~ • ~

"Shouldn't we go after him?" Caspian asked.

We all looked at him; curious why he would still ask such a question.

"Nah" we all said in unison before laughing out loud.

Guilt kicked in and I exhaled in frustration. Stupid conscience.

"Fine," I said as I stood up, "I'll go after him"

"And then push him?" Edmund asked with a smile.

"Edmund!" Lucy scolded.

Edmund raised his hands in defeat.

"I'll come with you" Lucy added.

We all walked towards the room where Eustace was.

We opened the door and found him on the floor, facing away from us, not doing anything.

"Eustace?" Lucy called out.

"Eustace, are you alright?" I asked.

"Perfectly fine" he said as he stood up and turned to us.

"You're acting a bit weird" Lucy told him.

I scoffed. "Since when did he not--I mean, are you hurt?" I asked. "What's behind your back?"

"Just some bugs for research purposes... Not that you'd understand anything. You're too stupid to."

I rolled my eyes. Why did I even bother?

"I'm leaving" I turned away and left.

I went back in my room and found Edmund lying down, playing with his flashlight.

"Hey, Ed"

"Hey, Love. What's wrong?"

"Just Sir Bugs-a-lot" I sighed and plopped on the bed.

He laid down on his stomach to face me. "You feeling okay?"

I sighed. "Yeah"

"Hey, cheer up," he said, pulling me close, "I'll make you feel better"

He looked right into my eyes as it trailed down to my lips.

"Well, alright, King Edmund The Just. Show me what you have planned."

He smirked and raised his eyebrow. "You know, you gotta stop calling me that or I'll do something we really shouldn't."

We both giggled and we passionately kissed. My hand on his hair, his hand on my waist.

"Gosh, I love you" he whispered between kisses. "You drive me insane."

I felt heat starting to rise up my cheeks and pulled away. "Y--You should probably go back to your room" I told him as I turned the other direction.