Chapter 3

EDMUND'S POV

"Since you left, the Giants of the North surrendered unconditionally." explained Caspian. The map of Narnia laid out on the table. "Then we defeated the Calormen armies at the Great Desert."

"There is peace across all of Narnia?" asked Lucy.

"Peace?" I repeated.

"In just three years" said Caspian.

The captain scoffed. "Peace."

"And have you found yourself a queen in those three years?" asked Lucy

"I already have your sister" Caspian smiled.

"Hang on," I said, "If there are no wars to fight and no one is in trouble, then why are we here?"

"That's good question. I've been asking myself the same thing." answered Caspian.

"So where are we sailing to?" I asked.

"Before I took back the throne from my uncle, he tried to kill my father's closest friends and most loyal supporters: The seven lords of Telmar. They fled to the Lone Islands. No one has heard from them since."

"So you think something has happened to them?" asked Lucy.

"Well, if it has, it's my duty to find out."

"Well, what's east of the Lone Islands?" I asked.

"Uncharted waters. Things you can barely imagine. Tales of sea serpents and worse." said the captain. He seemed very serious about this. It only sounded ridiculous to me.

"Sea serpents?" I chuckled.

"All right, Captain, that's enough of your tall tales."

~•~•~

LUCY'S POV

I walked around the ship. I remember riding this.

Arms wrapped around my waist. "Hello, beautiful." It was Oliver. He rested his chin on my shoulder as he wrapped me in a hug.

"Three years I've been waiting for you and Luia.." he sighed. I rested my head on his chest.

"Now we'll just have to wait for Luia" I said.

"Where sky and water meet, where the waves grow ever sweet, Doubt not, you Reepicheep~ To find all that you seek, there is the Utter East, Doubt not-"

"That's pretty" I commented. Oliver and I walked to the end of the ship. Repicheep was looking out into the wide sea whilst singing a song. 

"Oh!" he said in a surprise. He turned around and saw both of us. "Thank you! A dryad sung it to me when I was just a mouseling. I can't define the meaning, but I've never forgotten the words."

"What do you think is past the Lone Islands, Reep?" asked Oliver.

"Well, I've been told the furthest east, one can sail is to the end of the world. Aslan's country." Answered Reepicheep with such passion.

"Do you really believe there's such a place?" I asked.

"Well, we have nothing, if not belief." answered Reep. "So, you two, don't give up on Luia. I'm sure Aslan has her safe and sound. Maybe we can ask Aslan in Aslan's country!"

"Do you think you could actually sail there?" I asked.

"Well, there is only one way of finding that out. I can only hope I will one day earn the right to see it, your Majesty."