four + a little too much.

The pic looks like calum and madi ok
-
Sometimes it all gets a little too much,

But you gotta realize that soon the fog will clear up,

And you don't have to be afraid, because we're all the same,

And we know that sometimes it all gets a little too much, yeah.

A Little Too Much - Shawn Mendes

-
M A D I

A day later, everyone -even Luke and Jaycee- were crowded into Megan's living room. Luke was fingering Megan's acoustic guitar that she never used.

Jaycee looked happy to be here, for once. Cuddled up to Michael, who was absentmindedly twirling her hair in his fingers and occasionally kissing her forehead or cheeks.

I liked Luke. Not like that, of course, but as a friend. He was the right person we needed to complete what Megan calls the 'club of misfits'. Plus, Sarah didn't feel so much like a seventh wheel anymore.

She was laughing at something Luke was saying while strumming the guitar, pushing his arm playfully.

My head was back on Calum's chest, tracing the tattoo of the bird for his sister. His face was buried in my hair, pressing occasional kisses there.

Megan was smiling softly at everyone, whispering things to Ashton, who was nodding at her words.

My mind drifts back to when I met the misfits, when I just moved to the small town of Colonial Heights. When I met Calum.

I push my glasses further up my nose, hugging my books to my chest as I keep my head down.

I didn't have friends; if anything, everyone ignores me.

Looking up for a little to watch the other teens, I avert my eyes to the different cliques. They were obvious: jocks and cheerleaders, nerds (where I could easily fit in, but they despised me), punks, things like that.

Plugging my ear buds in and listening to some Tonight Alive, I keep my eyes and mind now focused on my book.

I feel someone tapping my shoulder, and I tug out an earphone, looking at the girl I recognize as Megan. She sits at the table of a few people who were on the line of pop and punk.

"Um, can I help you?" I say. Hopefully it didn't sound rude.

"Do you want to sit with me and my friends?" She asks with a small smile.

I shut my book. "Why not?" I could use some friends.

"What's your name?" She asks as we walk to her table.

"Madeline."

She furrows her eyebrows at me before shaking her head. "Not anymore."

"Wha-"

"You're Madi now. And Madi," she gestures to the table. "welcome to the club of misfits. I'm Megan."

Its funny how much I've changed since then. I went from glasses and sweaters to contacts, partially dyed hair, and band tees. Its amazing how much they urged me to be myself, and now I am.

If I could go back, I'd probably make the same choices I made, because I wouldn't want to change anything. I always want to be a misfit.

The club of misfits is where I found friends that turned to family. The club of misfits is where I found Calum.

"What're you thinking about?" Calum whispers to me.

"The past," I breathe.

"I wouldn't change a thing," he says. "Would you?"

"Never," I say, looking up and smiling at him as he leans in to kiss me briefly. I pull away, leaning my head back on his chest, looking out at my friends. "I wouldn't change anything."

-

heyyooooo

I literally just got back from going paintballing with my brother and his friends and I got shot in the thigh and hand and now its welting fuck my life

why are Jaycee and Madi such deep lil shits omgz

ok bye now

ily :-)