sixteen +

No song dedication bc this is technically how to save a life pt.2 ok

Pic is just a pic idk I had to edit this so this is the second time I've posted it

M I C H A E L

I had seen her from afar. Colored hair that was originally a light brown, but dyed it in the tenth grade. Black sweaters and skinny jeans. That horseshoe lip piercing that I had always wanted to feel against my lips.

I remember kissing her. It was like nothing in the world compared to it. Her lips were soft, and not glossed over like most girls. The cold metal of the piercing sent shivers up my spine.

Calum always said that Jaycee and I were similar. Hell, everyone thought it. But in reality, we were different. Because she was strong.

Jaycee was the one who held us up in bad times. She was the one who told us to forget about other people, because people are idiots and we would all rather be potatoes.

I laugh shakily, tears still streaming down my cheeks. I turn on my phone seeing the time being '9:26 PM', and I sigh, knowing that Mr.Tomlinson will be back to tell me visiting hours are over.

This was the third day I was in here since it happened, so I would know.

Knowing that I didn't have much time, I took the small box out of my pocket and placed it in her cold hand, closing it around the box. "I love you so much, kitten. I just hope you know that. You're everything to me, and I want you to pull through this. I need you to pull through this. Please, kitten. I love you so much. So, so much, Adrina Jaycee Kennedy. You are my world, hell, you're my universe."

I slowly flip her arms over, to the scars that litter her wrists. Tears again filling my eyes, I close them, letting the tears fall silently.

I open my eyes, my gaze falling over Jaycee, her beautiful body. Her face, though paler, still looked gorgeous, every flaw blended in to fit her perfectly. Not like she had any flaws.

I could see her pretty blue eyes, though her eyes being closed, I could imagine them, bright and filled with happiness. Her lip piercing, now taken out and placed in a small box beside her bed so it wouldn't make the breathing support malfunction, stands out against her bottom lip, and the way she tugs on it when thinking.

"Michael, visiting hours are over, 'm sorry." Dr. Tomlinson's voice startles me, but I quickly get up, kissing Jaycee's forehead and running my fingers through her hair. I then get up, grabbing my phone from the table and going to leave, but Dr.Tomlinson stops me.

"I just think you should know; Jaycee's starting to get better. Her breathing is slowly getting better, and her vitals are returning to normal. Soon, she'll be back."

I smile, saying, "Thanks, Dr.Tomlinson."

He smiles back, "Call me Louis."

I nod, leaving the room.

Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Then I stop. Dead in my tracks as O realize something. I say that everyday. Maybe tomorrow will be better. Ever since it happened, I've been saying that to myself and it never is. Maybe it never will be.

Maybe she'll never get better.