fifteen + how to save a life.

And where did I go wrong?

I lost a friend,

Somewhere along in the bitterness.

And I would have stayed up with you all night,

Had I known how to save a life.

How To Save A Life - The Fray
-
S A R A H
Shuddering from his touch, I close my eyes in pure bliss as he continues to kiss across my jawline, down my neck, and sucking softly on my collarbone.

We were home from the beach. All of us enjoyed it, it gave us some bonding time, and that was really what we needed.

I let out a quiet moan, tangling my fingers in his hair, and he lifts his head back up, kissing me softly. I smile into the kiss, but as he reaches for the top button of my flannel, I stop him. "L-Luke-"

He cuts me off. "I get it, love. I'm fine with waiting 'till you're ready."

Sure enough, Luke and I were affectionate, or at least I think that's what you'd call that.

We lie back, and I'm about to bury my head in Luke's chest and fall asleep, but my phone rings.

I groan, grabbing it and glancing at the caller I.D. Megan. I answer to a sobbing mess. "J-Jaycee-" she cuts herself off with a sob.

"Hey, woah, woah, Megan, calm down. Put Calum on the phone, okay?" I hear shuffling, and soon, Calum's voice comes through the phone.

"Hey, Sarah." He says.

"What the hell is going on? Megan never cries like that, everyone knows this, unless it's something bad."

"I- uh, Sarah, you and Luke just need to come to the hospital." He sounds hesitant.

"What? Why?"

"Um, it's Jaycee."

"Calum! What the fuck happened? Just spit it out already!" I was growing irritated, but that quickly snapped away when those five words came out of his mouth and through the phone.

"She tried to commit suicide."

Quickly, I snapped out of Luke's room, grabbing my bag and darting out the door with him on my heels. Luke slips into the driver's seat of his car, me going into the passenger seat and we take off. "Hospital," I say.

"Sarah, what happened?"

The reality of it all hit me like a fucking truck. Jaycee, our Jaycee, tried to commit? She seemed so happy, especially with Mikey.

I faintly remember her being bullied before we took her in, but that stopped, right? I thought it did, but then again, she didn't want to join us for a lot of things. Could that be when she had been bullied? Could it have caused her to try to end it all?

"Jaycee tried to commit." I say simply, trying to blink back the tears forming in my eyes.

-

When we get to the hospital, I immediately find the others in the waiting room. Michael and Megan are sobbing, clinging onto one another. Made I silently crying, her fingers twisted into Calum's shirt. Calum doesn't cry; we knew that, he just didn't. Neither does Ashton.

A doctor in white comes out of a hall with a clipboard in hand. "Adrina Kennedy?"

I correct him, "She goes by her middle name, Jaycee." We all stand, following him into the hall, where its quieter.

"We checked Adrin- uh, Jaycee's vitals, and it seems she attempted to overdose on heroin. We believe it had been her older brother, Gray's, who, if you didn't recall, was arrested for selling drugs two days ago. Police came to their house today to clean out the drugs, when they found her on the ground, her breathing very shallow, with a needle that had remnants of heroin in it.

"Now, this is very dangerous, she's now in a coma, but judging by how it was a low overdose, but still an overdose, we believe she will wake up. Maybe even in the next few days." The doctor who's name tag says Mr. Tomlinson, says.

"Can we see her?" Megan chokes out, Ashton's sleeveless shirt between her fingers.

Mr. Tomlinson smiles. "Yes, you can, but just be careful. I'll take you to her room."

We follow him down the white hallways, and he opens the door to the room where Jaycee lies, her blue eyes shut, her breathing shallow. "She's on breathing support right now." Mr.Tomlinson informs us.

Michael is already rushing toward the girl, gripping her hand. "I love you so much; I'm sorry I didn't tell you that sooner. I guess I don't know how to save a life."

-

Hiiii

That was intense don't you think

I do

Anyway I need to write the next chapter so bye

Ily :-)