twelve + gold.

We made our mistakes,

It's not too late,

We had to learn the hard way.

Bridges will burn,

Now it's our turn,

We had to learn the hard way.

Because all we ever want is gold.

We made our mistakes,

It's not too late,

We had to learn the hard way.

Gold - Sleeping With Sirens
-
M E G A N

We left for the beach Friday, getting two hotel rooms until Sunday night. Luke, Sarah, Ashton, and I in one, and Michael, Jaycee, Calum, and Madi in the other.

Now, fitting eight people in one elevator, not to mention with bags, was not the best idea in the world. We didn't get stuck or anything, but it still was cramped and annoying.

Madi, Jaycee, Michael, and Calum depart to their room, and Luke puts the key in, opening the door to two white beds, a small couch, and a bathroom, not to mention a balcony overlooking the ocean. I smile, throwing my bag on the bed closest to the balcony. Ashton repeats my action, and Luke and Sarah throwing their bags on the other bed.

I unzip Ashton's bag, nonchalantly grabbing one of his black sweaters and a pair of shorts from my bag, saying, "Sarah and I are gonna head out to the beach for a while, that okay?"

Ashton's eyebrows furrow. "Its seven at night, love."

"We'll be fine, Ash, were just gonna talk for a bit. Plus, we have our fully charged phones." I reply, kissing him and then walking to the bathroom to change. I strip out of my sleeveless shirt and jeans, changing into the sweater and shorts and pushing my hair out of my face.

Sarah goes in after me, emerging wearing sweatpants rolled up to just below the knee and a tee shirt. We don't wear shoes, I just grab my phone and the room key and we leave after she gets her phone. Considering this is a - thankfully cheap- beachfront hotel, we just leave through the door in the lobby to the beach, our toes digging in the sand. "So what's going on with you and Luke?" I ask.

Her cheeks flush red, and she stutters, "W-what?"

My lips form into a grin, and I say, "You like him!"

"What? Pssh, no I don't." Sarah says.

I scoff. "That's total bullshit, you obviously do." Then my grin gets wider as she blushes harder. "Oh my God, you do!"

"Okay, maybe a little." She says, scratching at the back of her neck.

"I'm totally getting you two together, no doubt about it." I say, grinning from ear to ear, practically.

If she could get any redder, she would've. I laugh, pushing her shoulder playfully. "Hey, come on, Sarah, you're not a tomato and you can never be one. I mean that in the nicest way possible."

She furrows her eyebrows and laughs, pushing a hand through her brown hair that had gotten longer.  "You're weird, you know that?"

"I'm aware of the matter." I say, smiling. "But that's why I'm your best friend." I sling an arm around her shoulder, staring out in the night sky. "We're both weird as shit, plus, we've gone through a lot. We've battled fierce currents and raging waters, but nothing could break us down."

"True," Sarah says, laughing a little. She then looks around, noticing there are no people and the sky seems to be darker than before. "You think we should head back?"

I look around. "That'd be a good idea."

So together, we walk back to the hotel in silence, the only sound being the crashing waves behind us. I focus on the sand rushing between my toes with each step, watching my bare feet as they step and taking a minute to look at Sarah. She's doing the same. Picking at her cuticles, her blue eyes looking up every once in a while and staying up as we climb the stairs back up to the concrete.

We walk into the lobby, taking the elevator back up and I fish the key out of my pocket when it opens again. When we reach room 206, I open the door with the key card, spotting Luke and Ashton sprawled across each bed, TV on and Luke flipping absentmindedly through the channels.

The two see us, and Sarah moves toward the couch, "I- I'll just sleep on the couch." She says.

"Oh no, just sleep with Luke. I'm sure he won't mind. Right, Luke?" Luke shakes his head, moving over the side of the bed closest to the bedside tables between the beds and patting the spot next to him. Sarah looks uncertain, but then she moves over to the bed, getting under the covers on the other side. I grin, winking at her and she gives me the finger. I scoff, press in a hand over my heart and muttering, "Rude."

She throws a pillow at me, and I catch it, laughing and throwing it back at her. I slide into Ashton and I's bed, the side closest to the balcony, where the curtains were open, emitting  moonlight into the room. I stare the the crescent moon, its winding shape, and think. I just think.

The sun will rise tomorrow, but after the sun comes again the small, but shining stars and the moon illuminating the dark sky. And although so many horrors could happen in the night, like some kind of bad horror movie, but wonders can also commence in darkness. And in my opinion, the best things happen in complete darkness.

Ashton presses a kiss the my cheek, brushing my hair back away from my face, and I smile as he wraps his arms around mg waist, his face pressing into my shoulder, another kiss landing there and a small 'I love you' leaving his lips.

I mutter the words back, feeling my eyelids start, and soon I let them close, being absorbed in a world only my mind could ever see; my dreams.

heyyyooooo

my mom made the best poem the other night

here it goes:

"Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
My tummy is hurting,
Bc I have to poo."

Ladies and gentleman, my mother -claps-

The song is from their upcoming album Madness which I superdooper excited for so yayayayayay :-D

soz for the sort of short chapter

ily :-)