seventeen + lips of an angel.

It's really good to hear your voice,

Saying my name,

It sounds so sweet.

Coming from the lips of an angel,

Hearing those words,

It makes me weak.

And I never wanna say goodbye,

But girl you make it hard to be faithful,

With the lips of an angel.

Lips Of An Angel - Hinder
-
M I C H A E L

I was curious after a while. How did they even know it was a suicide attempt? I mean, it could've been someone else, how did they call it a suicide?

So when I came by the next day, I asked Dr.Tomlinson.

He looks at me warily, before placing a hand on my shoulder and leading me to a room which I assume is his office (idk if they have offices in hospitals but pretend they do ok), grabbing a folder and pulling a set of envelopes out of it. He moves to where he's beside me, lining them up, and I watch the names that are written in Jaycee's handwriting.

Megan Palmer - a savior from hurt and pain

Sarah B. - a true sweetheart, someone who helped with my problems a lot

Madi Jenkins - A close friend

Calum Hood - a true friend

Ashton Irwin - Someone there to protect me always

Luke Hemmings - Someone new, but a good friend nonetheless

And lastly, my name.

Michael Gordon Clifford - the love of my life.

"I was going to give them to you sooner, but you guys were so hurt by her attempt. Um, there's a high chance she could still make it, but I want you guys to see these notes if she doesn't. But I can tell that girl is strong. Just hang on, Michael." Dr.Tomlinson say, almost in a reassuring way as he hands me the envelope with my name on it.

I take it, rubbing the paper of the corner of the envelope between my pointer finger and thumb.

It feels like a sin to open it, so I don't. I put it in my back pocket carefully, simply leaving the room and walking to Jaycee's.

Tears forming - like they seem to always do - in my eyes, I say, "So it really was a suicide attempt? Why didn't you tell me you were hurt? I could've helped you, kitten. You know I love you, with all of my heart. I'm sure everything I need to know about why is in this letter, but I don't want to come to the terms that it's true. My Jaycee, tried to commit suicide. That's not okay to me. Not at all, but baby, I just need you back. I need you here with me."

And as best I could with one hand, my other gripping Jaycee's, I open the note.

Dear Michael,

People always called us similar, and we hated it. We thought we were different, but in reality, they were right; we were practically the same.

Except you were always strong. Even when people brought you down, you were always back on your feet. In a matter of seconds, too. I always loved that.

Selfless, too. When people knocked down the Club Of Misfits, you didn't care about yourself. You made sure everyone else was alright. Even the boys, haha.

This note will probably be tear stained when I put it into the envelope, but I just need to finish it.

Michael Clifford, I love you more than anything. You mean the world to me. I don't know why you call me kitten, because you're the kitten. I swear, a little furball who loves to cuddle, that's what you are. Everyone knows it.

You're probably wondering why, more than anything else. Well, Michael, the voices were back. But stronger, more demanding than before. And I couldn't stop them. They just got stronger and louder, every time I tried to push them away! Telling me I never should've been born, should kill myself. That I wasn't good enough for you.

And I believed them. I was sucked back into their world quickly, the world of voices and razor blades. I bet that if I'm not dead, you can see those scars. I should've told you, I know, but they told me not to. That you'd leave me, so I didn't tell. But eventually, the voices were screaming at me and I knew the only thing I could do to stop it was to end it all.

I'm so sorry, Michael. I didn't want to leave you. But it all got too much for me. I was better off dead anyways. Like the song, you know, by Sleeping With Sirens? That's basically me.

Baby, I'll love you. In life and death, if I make it or not.

With Love,

Adrina Jaycee Kennedy

I stare at the letter for a while, my tears hitting the paper, mixing with Jaycee's dried tear stains. Where the blue lines are smeared. Where the black ink of the pen got a little runny, and dried that way.

-

When I got home, I found myself thinking about her lips. Truly, the lips of angel, like that song by Hinder.

Megan once told me that once, this song came on and her father scooped her up and held her tight; danced with her. She said she'd never forget that day, because it was truly the best day of her life, even if she was only seven years old.

"It's really good to hear your voice, saying my name. It sounds so sweet, coming from the lips of angel, hearing those words it makes me weak." Humming the rest, I turn on the song, listening to the words carefully, and I drift off to the thought of Jaycee and her lips on mine.

She truly had the lips of an angel.

cRYING OK ASDFGHJKL

THIS WAS SUPER SUPER SAD OMG

it's gonna get happier I promise

ilysm :-)