five + kiss me again.

Soz fo all the dialogue but double update yay
-
So, kiss me again underneath the moonlight.

You're more than a friend, oh.

I knew it from the first sight, yeah.

Hold me, feel my heart beat.

Put your arms around me.

And kiss me again.

Kiss Me Again - We Are The In Crowd

-
S A R A H

It was a weird place to be my favorite, actually. A small brick wall next to some abandon apartments the looks out on a little ditch. The water gushing through it made it look like a little river, though.

I guess I liked it because of the apartments. My mother had just recently had her second and third child after me, River and Sage, my brothers, and a small family of three had just moved in. And I found a best friend in the little girl with a leather jacket. Megan.

Now Luke and I sit on that little brick wall, him again fingering an old acoustic.

"Why do you like this place?" He asks, strumming a little tune.

"It's where I met my best friend." I say, crossing my legs in the air from where my back was pressed

"Megan?" I nod, and he smiles a little.

"I've never really had a best friend. No one really liked me back in Sydney." He says.

"No one has to like you. I learned that from Megan."

"How so?" Luke furrows his eyebrows.

"She never was or ever will be what people want her to be. Not after Kalyn." I play with the sleeves of my gray sweater.

"Kalyn?"

"Her ex-best friend. Basically, Megan always felt like the second choice. And she was tired of listening to pop music all the time and having to wear what they did. So, when Megan and Kalyn got into a fight, she stopped talking to her." I sigh.

"Sounds serious."

"Yeah. But everyone says its for the better. Now, Megan's afraid to be the person she wants to be. The clothes she wears, the music she listens to, its up to her. She doesn't want to follow the rules, and she doesn't. I guess she doesn't like normal or stereotypical. And that's where the club of misfits comes in." I stop.

"Cmon, I wanna know how the 'club of misfits' formed." He nudges my head with his hand. I let out a laugh.

"First was me and Megan, obviously. Next was Calum, typical jock, but Megan noticed he wasn't happy sitting with the jocks. So she invited him over and he officially became part of the group.

"Jaycee was next. She was in the punk clique, and she seemed to fit there, but Megan noticed that she wasn't happy. Its her superpower, noticing when people are sad. And of course, Jaycee started sitting with us.

"Then was Michael. He was mute, actually, before he joined. Selectively. Megan started talking to him, despite him not talking back. She had faith in him. And eventually, he started talking back." I take a breath, laughing a little and looking at Luke. But his eyes tell me to continue.

"Madi was last, before you. She had just moved here. Sweaters and glasses, she looked miserable. Jaycee wanted Megan to invite her over, so she did. Madi opened up to us, and her glasses were exchanged to contacts and sweaters to band tees."

"So you guys really are the club of misfits."

"Nots just us. You're a misfit now, kiddo," I say. He laughs.

"I'm a misfit." He mumbles, looking at me, now sitting up. I look back at him, a small smile setting on my lips.

"You're a misfit." His face comes closer, until his lips are grazing mine and I can feel his warm breath.

"Would it be absolutely crazy if I kissed you right now?" He mumbles, his cerulean eyes drifting to my lips, then snapping up to my eyes.

"It would." I say, my nose nudging his slightly. "Do it."

And so he does.

His lips are soft, and move against mine slowly, passionately. My hands move to tangle in his blond locks. He moves the guitar off of his lap and beside him on the brick wall.

Fingers tracing deft circles in my sides, he pulls away for a second, taking a breath. His eyes trace my face before mumbling something that makes a million butterflies erupt in my stomach, "You are so beautiful."

"Kiss me again," I breathe.

And he does.