eighteen + awake and alive.

The ring mentioned in on the top/side!
-
I'm awake,

I'm alive,

Now I know what I believe inside,

Now it's my time,

I'll do what I want 'cause this is my life,

here (right here), right now (right now),

I'll stand my ground and never back down.

I know what I believe inside,

I'm awake and I'm alive.

Awake And Alive - Skillet
-
J A Y C E E
I feel like I'm being sucked into blackness. That's all I see, anyway.

I can't move. My arms and legs feel trapped, like they're bound. But, in what seems like seconds, they feel free. I open my eyes, only to shut them at a bright white light.

I slowly open my eyes, with success this time, and my eyes wander around.

I'm in a hospital room.

My eyes drift to my left, where someone awfully familiar-

I interrupt my thoughts when the boy- Michael- looks up, meeting my eyes. He gapes, and I stick a shaky arm out to him, my finger running over his jawline. "Mikey. . ." I say, smiling a little.

"J-jaycee," he stutters out. He gets up, opening the door and shouting, "Dr.Tomlinson! She's awake!"

Seconds later, a man with brown hair is rushing in, gaping at me. I move up to where I'm sitting on the bed. "Adrina?"

"Jaycee. I go by Jaycee." I say.

He smiles. "I know. Do you know anything about your life? By the way, I'm only asking to see if you experienced memory loss."

I think for a minute. "I was born on August 27, to Kayla Gracen and Tommy Kennedy. They named me Adrina after my mom's grandmother, and Jaycee after my dad's. I'm seventeen. Uh, I have a thirteen year old brother named August, and a five year old sister named Amelia, but she goes by Rae, her middle name. My friends call themselves the club of Misfits, and it consists of Megan, Ashton, Sarah, Luke, Madi, Calum, Michael, and me. Michael's my boyfriend. And I tried to overdose on heroin. That's all I remember."

"That's all you need to know. You haven't experienced any memory loss, Jaycee." I smile a little.

"That's good." I say.

"Well, Jaycee, I'm just going to check your vitals and such and we're going to have you stay for one more night to make sure you're completely okay. Luckily, Michael here has brought you some clothes. He said that you'd want to change into a sweater and skinny jeans when you woke up."

I smile at Michael. He returns it, moving to grab my bag and sets it aside as Dr.Tomlinson checks my vitals.

A little while later, he's done, and I grab my bag and stand, walking to the bathroom, which happens to be in the hospital room.

There's a shower in the bathroom, so I turn on the shower and strip, my hand feeling hot water when I feel in the shower, so I step in.

The hot water cascades down my scarred body soothingly. I push my fingers through my hair, but quickly realize I have to hurry up and quickly shampoo and such, then step out and grab the towel I placed on the counter.

I dry myself off as I look through the bag. Two sweaters, a pair of cotton shorts, a pair of light skinny jeans, a hairbrush, and a collection of makeup. Basically all the necessities; I don't feel like naming it all.

Michael probably just threw in what he thought Id need. I find my phone in the bag too, completely charged. I check the time, the screen reading '9:37 PM'. I sigh, tugging on the shorts and a sweater, brushing out my hair and walking out of the bathroom, setting the bag on the floor next to the door.

Michael is looking at me when I glance at him. "What?" I ask.

"You are so beautiful, you know that?" He says, grabbing a two small boxes from the table. Handing one to me, he says, "That ones just your piercing." I lick my bottom lip, just then realizing my piercing wasn't in. I quickly take it out of the box, slipping it into the hole in my skin.

"What's in the other box?" The now silvery-blond hair boy blushes.

"Uh, I got you something two weeks ago." He places the box in my hand, and I look at him again before opening it.

A silver ring attached to a thin cord. The ring, when I look at it closer, is wrapped in a single link of chain around it.

"It- it was my mom's, before she passed. She would've wanted me to give it to you."

I gape at him, "Michael, I-I can't take this."

"Kitten, yes you can, " he pulls it out of the box, slipping it over my head and around my neck. Michael pushes my hair out of it, cupping my cheeks and leaning his forehead on mine. "Jaycee, I-I love you," he says.

I grin. "I love you too," I say, pressing my lips to his briefly. He smiles against my lips.

Pulling away, I rest my head on his chest, letting out a small yawn. He chuckles, leading me to the hospital bed before pulling me in beside him. I lay under the slightly scratchy sheets, cuddling into Michael's side.

And we fall asleep like that.

heyooooo

So yeah hi

I literally have chapters 19 and 20 of this then I'm done omfg

I'm actually excited to finish this story

Anywhore,

ilysm :-)