Farther Into The Timeline

My updating schedule just went whack- It may not seem as such from a reader's POV, but from mine...Uhmm...Yeah, I'm mentally (f word +ed) in all the wrong places at the moment-

The next time I'll update is probably next Monday, though!

A/N- They are in their second year of the school that was introduced last chapter. They'll be in 3rd grade, even though they're supposedly supposed to be in second grade. They all are wearing the same thing.

Kokichi's POV

I didn't expect to get far, honestly. Everything felt so...Surreal. Unreal. Unbelievable, to say in the least.

Here I was, sitting among the classmates that had been killed off, one by one.

Rantaro, who had suffered blunt force trauma. Kaede, who had suffered from hanging and stoning. Ryoma, who had suffered from drowning. Kirumi, who had suffered numerous scars, and had fallen from a great height, whilst climbing up a stand of thorns. Angie, who had suffered mild blunt force trauma, and suffered a stab to the back of her neck while comatose. Tenko, who was stabbed in the back of the neck with a sickle, and suffered for a few moments before going cold. Korekiyo, who was boiled alive, and tormented in the afterlife by his own sister. Miu, who was choked to death in the virtual world by toilet paper. Gonta, who I had sent to his execution of stinging and torture. Kaito, who I had forced to kill me. Finally...The people I had last seen surviving. Himiko, Maki, Shuichi, Tsumugi, and...Kiibo, who wasn't even present.

I looked down at my hands, and saw a flicker, making my hands look as if they were covered in the blood of the 6 people I didn't know the fates of. Were Kiibo, Shuichi, Maki, Himiko, and Tsumugi still alive? Had they uncovered the mastermind's true identity? Had Kaito sent them all to their deaths? Was there truly an audience watching us from a TV screen?

I started clenching my fists, before letting them rest at my sides.

I looked up at the teacher, who didn't seem to notice my strange behavior, which was good. Nobody else seemed to notice me either, which was another point of sneakiness to me.

We were learning something about John Addams...or someone...I didn't care enough to listen. It was as if my body listened on its own, and when the time came for a test of questions to answer in class, I automatically answered correctly.

I barely heard the bell ring, as everyone literally threw their chairs underneath their desks, and ran out of the room, the teacher scolding Idiot-chan for breaking his chair into pieces!

I ran out of the room, not wanting to be in there a second longer. While stuffing a pencil into my bag, I knocked into someone. I looked up, only seeing a blue rope.

Looking further up, I saw the Plain Jane's face, which was stoic and emotionless. She held out a small hand to me, which I took with no complaints.

I was about to open my mouth to insult her, until I remembered that I wasn't the ultimate supreme leader anymore. I was no longer the leader of DICE. I was Kokichi Ouma, the kind kid.

Instead of throwing an insult at her, I said a small 'thank you'. Why not keep up the act? It was too late to just suddenly say I was lying. I guess I could slowly change my attitude as I get older, but would Maki - or anyone in general, really - accept a liar? A sneaky, small, lithe, liar. Nobody in the killing game accepted it, but would they?

I didn't notice her walking away, until I was snapped back to reality by Maki.

"So...you wanna get along with her? As she gets more older, it's more likely that she'll grow farther and farther apart from us, until she's not even there anymore, you know? Give it your best shot, and aim for her personal intrests." Maki whispered into my ear, as I nodded.