A Trip Down AU Lane(Postgame)

(A/N)-" It's been a while since we visited! Now, let's settle down and go meet some of the new neighbors! The houses looks so luxurious and well-kept...it really has changed in the past 2 years, huh?"

A trip down a memory lane that they never had. 

Gonta's POV

Gonta watch friends as friends run around the park like wolves in Gonta family!

It 2 years since Team Danganronpa took friends. They let friends and Gonta go, and they very, very kind!

Gonta become friends with Korekiyo and Rantaro, and they very nice!

(Please, I'm slowly dying, Gonta's POV has never been this hard to write-)

Rantaro and Korekiyo start dating. Akamatsu-san and Saihara-kun also start dating.

Nobody hate anybody, and that means happy ending!

But...Gonta miss Ouma-kun, even if Ouma-kun bad...

Rantaro's POV

A lot changed after team Danganronpa released us. I suppose someone could call it a happy ending, but with 1 missing piece to the puzzle, I really doubted it.

Kokichi was dead, and although I didn't have any special connections with him, it just felt as if the mood that he set for all of us just withered.

I didn't know Kaito all that well, but I definitely knew that he had a hero complex, and Kokichi had a villain one. Without the villain, the hero is incomplete, and vice versa.

Kiibo's crush on Kokichi was now a public thing, and the fans of Danganronpa were going insane about it, but it only poured pounds upon pounds of salt over the wound.

"Dearest, would you like to speak of your concerns with me, alone?" Korekiyo asked, slipping his hand over mine.

I always liked how Kiyo could be so comforting, and informative at the same time. It was a mix of both my favorite things.

I nodded, and we headed over to the small tree by the benches. We sat on the ground, and that's where the conversation began.

"Do you suppose...that this group of ultimates feels...rather incomplete? Unsatisfactory?" Korekiyo started.

I shook my head quickly, wanting to erase that thought from his mind.

"No, this is...basically perfect, actually...It's just...it feels like the losses and the effort feel...useless." I said.

"I would be a hypocrite if I denied the fact that I feel the way you do." His grip on my hand grew slightly tighter, but not enough to hurt.

"Humanity is...a delicate thing. One thing could change the way the Fates plan the world, and a new path must be knitted." Korekiyo sighed.

"Mhm...I get what you mean, Kiyo. Let's not worry about it too much for now, K?" 

He nodded half heartedly, and stared at everyone. He did always have a fondness of observing people, but he'd never indulge into normal human activities himself.

I sighed, and closed my eyes. I was sleepy, anyways. Kiyo would probably wake me up later...

-

3rd Person POV

Of course, it was nothing out of the ordinary for Kaito to be hearing a voice inside his head. Sometimes, it interrupted his thoughts, saying things that clicked some part of his memory he couldn't even see clearly.