A New Enemy

Scott had just brought Hope back home from a small "mission". Well, at least that's what they told Hank. In reality, it was a small date. They kept this a secret because Hank didn't approve of Scott, much to Hope's disappointment. 

"Hey dad, we're back!" Hope said as they walked through the front door. Then she found a note on the table next to her. 

"My dad went to the store, he should be back in a few minutes." She informed Scott. 

"So what-" He was interrupted by the sound of shattered glass upstairs. 

They slowly crept up the stairs but quickly shrunk, as they heard more crashing. 

(If you're wondering how they got into their suits so fast, it's because they had gotten into them before they entered the house to trick Hank into thinking they were actually on a mission.) 

The noise was coming from a room across the hall. They made their way to the door, but the noise stopped as they got close. 

"I think whoever that was is gone," Scott said. "Let's just make sure," Hope said, not completely convinced they were safe yet. They shrunk again and went under the door to find the room destroyed. 

"Whoever did this must've been looking for something." Hope reasoned as they grew to full size. "No, more like someone." A mysterious voice said from the corner of the room. 

"Who are you?" Scott asked. 

"My victims know me as Michael the Murderer, but my legal name is Michael Carter." The figure said in a thick French accent. 

Hope and Scott looked at each other wondering the same thing. If this guy was a murderer, why would he just give away his name? 

"You're probably wondering why I just gave you my name, the reason is quite simple, none of my targets survive to tell anyone." He said before taking out two machetes. 

Then, he attacked.

At first, he targeted Hope but quickly learned she was a very skilled fighter. Scott was trying to sneak up from behind, but as Hope tried to kick Michael's feet out from under him, he punched her in the gut. 

She fell backward into a wall and tried to shrink but the punch broke her regulator. Just as Michael pulled his sword down on Hope, Scott came from behind him and pulled him back towards the window. 

But the crazy murderer didn't give up so easily. He started to fight Scott and completely forgot about Hope. That is until Scott tripped over a chair while trying to distract Michael. 

Then he turned his attention back to her. 

She was still stunned by that punch. It had knocked the wind out of her and she couldn't defend herself. She got up to try and fight, but it was no use. Michael fought mercilessly and Hope felt extremely out of breath. Just as she was about to pass out, Scott stepped in. 

"Stop! I'm willing to make a deal with you, just put down the swords." He said as he put himself between Hope and Michael. 

"If you let her live, you can kill me." He said looking into the murderer's evil eyes. "No! don't!" Hope yelled. "That's a deal I'm willing to agree to," Michael said. 

"I'm sorry Hope," 

"No!" She yelled as he crashed to the ground. 

"I will be true to my word and let you live, for now," Michael said and then jumped out the window. 

She was about to go after him, but her emotions weighed her down. She slid down against the wall and sat next to Scott. 

Hope couldn't contain her emotions anymore, she started crying, wishing Scott wouldn't have done that for her. 

"Hey, don't cry," Scott said quietly. "Scott!" Hope exclaimed. "How?" She asked choking back tears. 

"I have my ways, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't hurt." He said wincing. "We gotta get you to a doctor, can you walk?" She asked. 

"I think so." He replied, trying to get up. 

They made their way down to the car and once they got inside, Hope decided to shrink the car just in case Michael was watching them. 

When they were about halfway there, Hank called. 

"It's your dad, should I answer?" Scott asked, not wanting to put up with him at the moment. "Yeah," Hope answered. 

"Hey, Hank," Scott said as he picked up the phone. 

"Where are you guys? And why is the office such a mess?" Hank asked. 

"There was a man there, he called himself Michael the Murderer. He attacked me and Scott." Hope told her father. 

"Hope are you okay?" Hank asked, extremely worried about his daughter. 

"I'm fine too Hank, your concern is touching," Scott said sarcastically. 

"He's not fine, he got stabbed and we are on our way to the hospital now," Hope said into the phone. 

"What I meant was, I know who that man was and he's after you," Hank said to the still-shocked couple. "What do you mean?" Scott asked. 

"He hates the Pym family and wants to kill us off one by one, he stabbed you because you were in the Ant-suit," Hank said, making sense to no one but himself. "Dad you aren't making sense," Hope said, slightly concerned about her father. 

"Michael has wanted revenge on me for years, but he doesn't want to kill me for some reason, so he decided to kill the people I loved. That bomb that your mother deactivated, was a plot to kill her. The last time I saw him, I was in the Ant-suit. He stabbed Scott because he looked like me with the suit on." Hank explained. 

"He's probably figured out by now that Scott wasn't me and that you're my daughter, and he'll go after you next." He said, making Scott worried for Hope even though she was right next to him. 

"It's not saf-for you a- the hous-anymo-" Hank said. "Dad, you're breaking up," Hope said, but the call was already ended. 

                                                                     Author's Note

This story takes place after Ant-Man and The Wasp. But a lot of things are different. One thing is, they never rescued Janet from the Quantum Realm. Although this takes place after the second Ant-Man, the Marvel timeline is all mixed up. Like Civil War didn't happen yet. Black Widow is on Team Captain America. And Infinity War didn't happen yet either. I know Ant-Man and The Wasp and Infinity War are supposed to happen at the same time but not in this story. Last thing, this story contains MAJOR spoilers for other Marvel movies so read at your own risk. Thanks for taking the time to read this! 👍🙂🍿🎥