The One Way

Dr. Strange stood not far from them. He watched it all play out. "This doesn't make any sense..." He said to himself. 

He had seen the outcome in which they won. In order to win, one person would have to take the stones, snap everyone back to life and destroy Thanos's army. He thought it would have been Tony. 

But when he saw the outcome, he couldn't see the face of the one who snapped. 

Who would do it? 

Almost everyone was dead. He turned his head and saw a man holding a woman's body. Crying, begging to take her place. 

He realized who they were, Scott Lang and Hope van Dyne. 

When he looked into the future, he saw how big a part they would play. But now, she was dead. And he doubted Scott was in his right mind right now to snap. 

So, it couldn't be either of them. He looked away from the grieving man but then saw Tony and Pepper holding each other, on the ground, motionless. 

He choked up when he remembered that they had a daughter. Scott did too. 

Strange had had his chance with love. There was no future for him there. He had no family left, no one to remember him. 

He looked over to where Thanos was standing and knew what he had to do. He flew to the purple alien and fought for the gauntlet. But just like all the others, Thanos threw him to the side. 

"Can't you see that I won? I am inevitable!" He repeated. 

He looked at Strange but was shocked at what he saw. 

The "Master of The Mystic Arts" had all six Infinity stones on his right hand, which was shaking. "And...this...is...the only way." He said, and then, he snapped.   

                                                                                      Author's Note

If you guys hunt me down and kill me, so be it. But then you won't read the next chapter! And I couldn't possibly kill Tony. You know I couldn't. So I spared him! Hope this makes up for the last chapter!