Memories of New York

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~                                                                                           Loki's POV

I had just escaped, or really, left, the mortals' flying fortress, and I decided, I needed to go someplace where no one would look for me. I teleported to a backyard treehouse. I expected it to be empty, but that was not the case. There was a small girl who couldn't have been more than four or five. I read her mind quickly, just to get her name. Cassie Lang, age four, is an only child. I could see her shocked expression and I panicked. I hadn't been around any children since my leaving of Asgard. I immediately knew I couldn't mind control her. Mind control was extremely painful and she was only a child. I could feel the scepter's power over me wear off as I stood in front of the seemingly curious girl. "Are you a magician!?" She asked, wide-eyed. I smiled and created the illusion of fireworks in my hand. She clapped. "Did you like that, Cassie?" I asked her. "You really are a magician! You knew my name!" She squealed. I asked her if she was home alone, That's when she told me her parents had gone to work and her grandmother was watching her. We kept talking and eventually, I became very fond of her. I told her that I was really the God of Mischief. She was a very curious child. It surprised me. She was very young but she seemed to understand everything I said to her. I said goodbye to her and made a mental note to have the Chitauri not harm any children or families. There had to be a few casualties, or Thanos would come back to Midgard to finish the job himself. I knew his plan for the Infinity Stones, his want to correct the universe. I went to Stark Tower and continued the battle. Then I met Hope. Later, when the TVA took me, I thought about the promise I had made to Cassie. "I'll come back to visit, I promise." That wouldn't be possible anymore. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~End of Flashback~~~~~~~~

I was so happy when I saw Cassie. I didn't recognize her at first, but I could never forget her smile. I fulfilled my promise after all.