Chapter 10

Days and months flew by.

Ishika was now 4 months old. Samar and Riddhima had completed 6 months of marriage.

The Shah family couldn't be more grateful for such a happy life.

One morning, Anupamaa and Vanraj were sitting in the lawn sipping their morning tea.

Vanraj saw Anupamaa being engrossed in deep thoughts.

Van:- Anu what are you thinking?

Anu:- nothing. Thinking how our family has changed in the span of a year. Since Riddhima came into our lives, it seems like life became easy as if some magic happened. I still remember before a year how she told her past to us, sobbing in my lap. How we had put lot of efforts to de-addict her from those anti-depressants. How vulnerable was she. Sh surely has endured lot of struggles.

Van:- you are right. Her ex-husband surely was a douchebag to torture a gem of a girl like Riddhima. How can someone be so cruel to insult his wife and kill his own child. But I am happy now that she got a life she deserves.

They dropped that topic and started discussing some other. But they didnt knew that Riddhima was listening everything behind the curtains.

She silently thanked her bappa for giving her a loving family.

That day was finished in a blink. The next morning Paritosh and Kinjal along with Ishika were going to the outskirts of Ahmedabad for visiting Kinjal's parents.

It was a sunday so everyone was at home. In the afternoon, when everyone were sitting in the hall, Samar got a call.

After listening to it, Samar's face paled and fear took over his face. Riddhima observed it

R:- samar! What's wrong?

Everyone turned towards Samar.

Sam:- bhai aur bhabhi ka accident hua hein ( bhai and bhabhi met with an accident)

This came as a shocker to everyone.

Everyone rushed to the hospital. Only to get some horrible news.

Ishika was all fine but Kinjal was already dead because of heavy blood loss.

Paritish was extremely critical and the doctors couldn't guarantee anything.

The Shah family was utterly devastated. Paritosh had regained consciousness and doctors allowed them to talk but told them not to stress him.

Anupamaa and Vanraj couldn't bear to see their son like that.

Paritosh:- Riddhu

R(holding back her tears):- yes bhai

Paritosh:- I know I dont have much time...

R:- bhai dont say like that you will be absolutely fine.

Paritosh:- no riddhu let me speak. Pls promise me you will take care of my princess. Promise me you will take the responsibility of Ishika.

R:- I promise bhai. Ishika is my responsibility.

Suddenly paritosh started having seizures.

Doctors came and the family came out.

Doctors came out and said.

Doc:- sorry he's no more

Everyone broke down. They couldn't believe that their happy family had been tarnished in a few hours.

After 1 week

The last rites were of Kinjal and Paritosh were performed. Everyone were utterly devastated but understood that they have to stay strong.

Riddhima was given Ishika's responsibility. Also after few formalities she would become the legal guardian of Ishika.

Riddhima would never leave her alone. She took great care of Ishika so that she would not miss her mother.

I know there is no proper ending of the chapter. But I couldn't get any ending. Pls vote. Next update maybe on  friday or Saturday

See you soon❤
Stay safe guys😷