Chapter 3.

He slowly walks towards her and Jennifer's heart starts to race. She doesn't know what's happening with her at the moment. As he closed the distance between them, her legs starts shaking. She's nervous, intimidated all of a sudden. She's just standing there, gulping, watching him.

"What are you doing here when everyone's up there?" He asks looking straight at her. He's quite close enough to her now. Just then she realizes that she has hold her breath.

"Umm......it's just that I'm not used such riff-raff," She says hesitantly, taking a deep breath. He looks up where the party is and then it strikes to Jennifer, "I'm sorry, I know it's your parents party but..."

"I know, I understand. I hate crowds too," He says, interrupting her before she could complete her sentence. He smiles. His smile has allured her. Jennifer feels that she could just sit and watch him for hours. He is so graceful.

"So that's why you're here too?" She ask, tilting her head to the side. She notices him. He's hesitant and looks like he's searching for an answer. It seems like he has fallen short of words.

"Yes," finally he answer's. Why did it took so long for him to just say a 'yes', Jennifer suspects. He moves his head and looks at the sea, "I often come here, infact everytime, each time I've come to see my parents. It's peaceful here," he sighs.

"Hmm....the sea makes it peaceful," Her eyes not leaving the sea. Then she closes them and inhales deep, taking in the smell of the sea.

She opens her eyes and turn her head to give a glance at Brendon but when she does she finds him already looking at her. She doesn't understand's why he keeps staring at her and the most weird part is she isn't even creeped out with his staring. She infact likes the way he looks at her. Nobody has ever gazed at her the way he does. He makes her feel beautiful. But she wants to know why he keeps looking? Is there really something bothering him about her? And what if it is? She wants to know.

...........

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She frowns but still has a hint of smile on her face. She actually looks curious like the way she sounded.

"It's just...." I look away, clutching the reiling with both hands, focusing on the sea again.

What should I even tell her that why am I looking at her? This is the second time she caught me staring so it's obvious for her to ask. First time I gazed at her because I found her beautiful and charming. And now it was different. Not innocent at all. The way she closed her eyes and inhaled deep, her lips parted, it was kind of arousing. I felt like grabbing her and kissing her hard then and there till she's left breathless. But this little girl couldn't make it through my expressions which says that she's innocent. An adorable, innocent girl.

"You're beautiful," I say, putting the right words which is distinct to what I was actually thinking. But she is indeed gorgeous.

"You took so long just to say that I'm beautiful?" She says, leaning against her back on the reiling. She folds her arms, "I'm sure, there's something else you were thinking about."

I give her a sideways look. She's innocent but she's smart. Good lord! Atleast she noticed that I was thinking. I smirk not taking away my eyes off the sea.

"Don't smile there. Tell me what were you thinking?" She stands straight facing my side. I turn my head and look at her, "Is there something that's bothering you about me?" She asks, hesitantly. Her head's tilted like she's searching for an answer through my facial expression.

How did this thought even came into her mind? Why would something bother me about her? She has only bewitched me right from the moment she fell into my arms. Why does she thinks so little of herself?