Chapter 13.

They all settle themselves on the dinning table. Jennifer is seated in between of Brendon and Leah. Catherine is busy preparing dinner in the kitchen, Leah and Jennifer are immersed in their talks and Brendon, Brian and Robert are into a deep conversation about their own businesses.

"Dinner is ready," Catherine says, coming out of the kitchen with a bowl in her hand.

The other maids follow her with other food items in hand. Catherine places a bowl of mixed fruit custard on the table.

"Wow! It smells good. What's cooked?" Brian sniffs the bowls and platters.

"Grilled chicken, mac and cheese, some fajitas and custard for desert," mutters Catherine.

The maids serve everyone the food and they all start with their meal.

"I'm so gald that you could join us for dinner tonight, Jennifer," Catherine appreciates.

"I'm happy to be here, too," Jennifer smiles.

"You know, Brendon has never introduced any of his girlfriends before. I thank god, that he agreed this time to bring you here," Catherine smirks and shakes her head.

"Mom, I told you they were not my girlfriends," mutters Brendon.

"Yeah, correct. It was just one nigh-----I mean one time thing. Just a one time thing," Brian interrupts and trying his best to hide his mocking grin.

Jennifer glances at Brendon and finds him glaring at Brian, sitting in front of him. Leah chokes on her food a little bit and hides her grin. Brendon mouths asshole to Brian and Brian silently laughs while gobbling his food.

"You're also not seeing anyone Brian, are you also doing the one time thing, too?" says Brendon with a sharp tone.

Brian frowns and is about to curse but Robert gets their 'one time thing' concept and scolds them,

"Shut up you both. Don't talk rubbish. Eat your food now."

They both shut their mouth, glaring at each other and starts to devour their food. Jennifer and Leah glimpse at each other and suppresse their laughs. Catherine smiles and shakes her head to Robert. She caught the concept too. Jennifer finds this Ryan family fun and loving just like her family, that is her parents. She misses them looking at Brendon's family. She just visited them a month ago and now she wants to see her parents again.

"You okay?" Brendon asks, softly. He has noticed her not having her food.

"Yes, I'm fine," Jennifer gives him an assuring smile.

"Okay. Eat then," he smiles and continues eating.

After dinner, they all saunter into the living room area and settle themselves there. Robert and Catherine they talk to Brendon about their own family matters, Jennifer and Leah are seated together on another couch but then her phone buzzes and she gets up and goes out of the living room to talk. Brian comes and sits besides Jennifer.

"Hi," he says.

"Hey," replies Jennifer.

"You bored?" Brian asks.

"Not at all," she says.

Brian smiles and they sit quite, concentrating to what Brendon and his parents are talking. And then suddenly Jennifer finds herself curious, curious to know that, did Brendon really used to do the one time thing they were talking about. She can only think of Brian who can answer her question correctly.

"Brian,' she calls him.

"Yes, Jen."

"What was it about one time thing? Did Brendon really...." Jennifer leaves her sentence incomplete, but Brian gets it.