Chapter 26.

"You're not aware of it?" Eric scoffs.

"Of what?"

"That Brendon Ryan is the owner of this company."

Jennifer's jaw drops and her eyes remain wide open with shock. "What? Since when?"

"Just few days ago, he took over."

She exhales with utter disappointment and leans on the desk.

"It's surprising, that you weren't aware of it."

She purses her lips inwards. "I'm sure he must be having some reason to not tell me," she mutters.

What else she would have said. It's not only this, but there are so many things that she doesn't know, that Brendon didn't tell her yet.

'why is he hiding things from me?'

"Okay, then. Let's get back to work. It's great to have you back Jennifer." Eric gives her a friendly hug and starts to head out of her office.

"Eric!" Jennifer calls him that made him halt his steps.

"Yes, Jennifer." He turns around.

"Does Brendon have anything to do with my promotion? You know, like---"

"I know what you're trying to say," he interrupts her. "And, no, Mr Ryan has nothing to do with your promotion. Infact we had already decided to promote you even before he took over. So, it's not him, it's all you. Don't think so much." Eric clarifies.

"Okay!" She says softly and smiles.

Eric leaves and Jennifer clears her mind and starts working. New position, new responsibilities. Soon she emerges herself from all the things happened in the morning till now and merged herself into work. Time passed and suddenly it strikes her that she should give this good news of her promotion to Brendon.

'he should be the first one to know it.'

She takes her phone and as she goes to tap on Brendon's number, her phone screen flashes Angela's name. Jennifer answers it happily. It's been days she hasn't talked to her.

"Hey Angela!"

"Hey! How are you? I'm so sorry I didn't check on you. I was really busy with work," Says Angela from the other side.

"I'm fine and it's okay, atleast you called."

"Hmm.... and what does your test reports say now?"

"They are all normal. Just one more test next week and then I'm done with my treatment."

"That's amazing," Angela squeals.

"Yes--- And how you doing? I miss you so much."

"I miss you too. This apartment without you, feels like it's coming to eat me. That's why I keep asking Christian to come over. He's such a sweetheart. Oh!--- I love him so much, Jen."

"You do?" Jennifer says excitedly.

"Yes," Angela chuckles.

"Oh my god!" Jennifer's elated and sincere for them. "Does Christian know about this? Did you tell him?"

"No. Not yet. I--- don't know how to tell him. I've never done such thing before."

"You just need to open up your heart, Angela. And besides, I have a strong instinct that you both are meant to be with each other." Jennifer can sense her smiling, through the phone.

"Jen! Really he makes me happy. I so wanted to share this with someone. I feel so nice now, talking to you."

"Anytime love."