Maybe In Another Life

Alexander Black

Maybe In Another Life

It's been 4 hours since Dr.Burt updated us on Magnus.  I am worried.  I know Dr.Burt will keep a secret for me so I'm not worried about that.  I'm worried if he will survive or not. 

I walked up the hall and saw that Makenzie was sitting outside the room Magnus will be in after surgery.  I took a deep breath and saw his sister sleeping in the family room.  I took a deep breath and walked up to Makenzie.

"Hey..." I said leaning on the wall, Makenzie looked at me with bloodshot eyes.

"Long time, no see." Makenzie smriked at me.  I nodded my head and smiled.  "How's life been treating you?" Makenzie asked.  I looked at her and nodded my head.

"Been kicking me in the ass the last few months." By that I mean that I have found the one I want to have but can't really have.  "What about you?"

"Don't get me started on my life.  I shouldn't have ever stayed with Gabriel.  I knew what he was doing behind my back.  With you, other people." I looked at Makenzie and she smirked.

"I also know about my son.  It must not seem like it but I know him better than he knows himself."

"I'm sorry I do-"

"Why are you still here than?  Why do you care so much if he doesn't mean so much about you?  I'm not angry, I will give you my full consent but you doing was you did today showed just how much you care about my son.  I only want that for him." Makenzie started crying.  I took a deep breath and nodded my head.

"Makenzie, I am not staying with him.  I have my wife and my kids.  I can't be dealing with a boyfriend.  If you care about Magnus, you will not allow him to go near me." Makenzie looked at me with a shocked look.  But I didn't feel bad, I am protecting Magnus and myself.

"Ok, I will forbid him to see you but at least give him a goodbye." I looked at Makenzie and nodded my head.  I can do that.

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

When I walked into Magnus room, Magnus looked at his food that was untouched.  He was spacing out.  I clear my throat and Maguns looked at me.

"How are you feeling?" I asked as I pulled up a chair next to him.  Magnus shrugged and turn back to his food.

"I don't feel like eating and my side hurts.  My mind is racing with throughts, most guilt."

"Well what you did was stupid.  You don't run into a gun fight like you did." I said in a annoyed voice.  Magnus looked at me and I looked at my phone to see if anyone texted me.

"Are you just going to yell at me and yell?  Because if so you can just fucking leave." I took a deep breath and nodded my head.  I got up and turn around, I want to kiss his lips.  I bend down and gave Magnus a kiss.  Magnus took a deep breath and grabbed onto my dress shirt which I know he knows that turns me on.

"We just don't work Magnus." I whispered.  I looked into his eyes.  "Maybe in another life, this world will be ours."

"Maybe you're right." He turn his eyes away and that was my cue to leave.  I kissed his cheek and got down to his ear.

"I love you Magnus, I have fallen in love with you and I am scared but you have taught me that I don't have to be scared of anything." I whispered.

"Than please just stay.  I know you have a wife and 2 children but I want you and you want me."

"I do want to you.  But it's unfair to you.  I want to give all my attention to you, I want to be able to hold you every night, I want to make sure you go to bed knowing that at least you have one person that loves you.  I want to know that one day when I die, you have lived the life you're supposed to live.  Love to me is something you don't play around with, I will give you my whole."

Magnus was silent.  I took a deep breath and kissed him once more before walking way.

"I love you Alexander." I stopped at the door.  I couldn't turn back around or I would not be leaving.  I want to turn around but I can't, I need to go home.  "I have never seen anyone as dangerous or as flawed as you, I meant it back than and I still mean it, you. don't. Scare. Me."  I took a deep breath and kept walking.