2 Months Later

Magnus Rivers

2 Mouths Later

2 mouths later

I can't believe, I am now sitting in the desk my father was sitting at most of my childhood. I feel so powerful but so small at the same time.

I am doing ok through. Considering that I fell in love with the powerful Alexander Black and I made him fall in love with me and admitted it. I took a deep before walking out of the office.

"So, how do you like it?" My mother asked with a big smile. She seems 1000 times happier. Everyone seems happier now that my father is gone but in the end, I didn't get who I wanted.

"It's alright. I mean, I did have a lot of bad memories in that office. I just need some time." I looked at my mother and she nodded her head. She came up and touched my cheek.

"Maybe you should talk to someone? You know?" I gave my mother a little laugh and nodded my head. She smiled again and bent me down to give me a kiss on my forhead. I can see that my mother isn't afraid anymore to touch me.

I nodded my head, but my mother jumped back when the front door opened.  I sheld my mother and reached for my gun from my belt but when a somewhat familiar face. 

My grandpa.  From my mom's side, everyone from my mom's side loves our family, well everyone but my father.  I smiled.

"Daddy!" My mom ran to my grandpa and of course he opened his arms.  I looked behind my grandpa and saw that Sophie and Ara was looking at Grandpa like he was a stranger. 

He has been around for years.  I believe that the last time I saw him was when I was 10 and it was the first Christmas that was the last time the family was together.  Let's just say we will never forget that night.

I walked over to my sister quickly and they looked at me with a shocked look in their eyes.

"This is our grandpa, from mom's side." They nodded there head and looked at Grandpa.  They still seem sketchish but I will make sure they are comfortable.

"Where are my grandkids?" He turn around and saw me and my sisters.  He looked at my sisters first.  He came and walked up to them.  "Wait, let me think.  You are..." he points at Ara, "Ara, and you are..." he points at Sophie.  "Sophie."

They nodded their head and smiled.  Pleased that he remembered their names.  He hugs them and they hug back.  He talks to them while I walk back over to my mom that had the biggest smile on her face.

"What is grandpa doing here?" I whispered to my mother and she shrugged her shoulders.  How did he even get a key?  My dad changed all the locks before he died.

"Now where did Magnus go?" He turn back around to see that I was standing next to my mother.  I smile and he came up to me, I met him half way.  I went for a handshake but my Grandpa pulled me into a hug.  "I am so proud of you."

Those words shocked me.  Proud, something my father never felt.  I grabbed him tighter and throught about Alexander.  Was he ever proud of me?

"Thank you Grandfather but you shouldn't." He pulled away and gave me a look that made me feel small.  That famous Cal family stare. 

"You kill your father, you escaped.  Now look at you, you are thriving." My Grandpa's smile was bright and that made me smile.

"Dad, what are you doing here?" My mom stepped in.  My Grandpa looked down at her and nodded his head with a smirk.  "I mean, I'm happy you're here.  But there is no reason to have you here.  Where's mom?"

"Mom didn't want to come.  Her back has been killing her for the past few months and she couldn't handle the plane ride.  But I am here because I heard Gabriel died and once I found out it was Magnus, I knew I just had to come." My grandpa looked at me with a smile.  "I also and helping out with the business because let's face it, Gabriel fucked this whole thing up from day one."

"That's amazing.  Magnus, your throughts?" My mother asked.  I never been asked about my throughts but I feel like I have to say yes.  I smiled and nodded my head.

"I would enjoy someone helping me.   Especially someone that has the skills of you grandpa." Before the name Alexander Black, there was Angus Cal.  The most powerful mob that no one messes with.  But than, like my grandpa said, my dad fucked everything up.  Well we did stay #2 but it have been a rocky 20 plus years. 

"Great! I am excited."

At that moment, I knew everything was going to be alright.