Traitors

We all are frozen at Cylas' sudden appearance.

"What are you doing here?" Cylas asks with a stern tone this time.
We stare uncomfortably at him for a few moments.
"Chemaraie needed a check up. We called in," Chris lies. I'm guessing telling Cylas we were actually snooping through his work and planning on reporting his to the police wasn't a smart idea.
Cylas glances at me, maybe trying to discover why I would possibly need to be re-examined. I bring my hand to my forehead to help the story along.
"Well you should go to the front to check in. Don't come through doctors' offices." He mumbles something and nudges us out of the office. But before were totally out, I notice Cylas and Jacob saying things behind us.
We're finally outside among other pedestrians, waking towards where our car is to be when it zooms past us. I don't even get the chance to see who's in it, but we soon notice Jacob must have slipped past us because he's gone. And when we look back into the office, Cylas is nowhere to be found either.
I start to panic. Chris silently grabs my hand and we rush down the sidewalk. I have no idea where we are going, and start to pray whoever took the car doesn't discover my purse, which I left nonchalantly.
"Where are we going?" I yell above the traffic noise of the street next to us.
"The police department." He replies. I wonder how they would be of any help to this case anymore because the car is more than a few miles away by now, and they already know about Darius, who they haven't located either. All our suspects have disappeared.
We reach the department quicker than we could have called and file another report on our "kidnapping" case. And we report the missing car. And Jacob, despite our deal with the traitor. They said they'd be on it immediately. I don't feel like siting for and waiting for 'immediately' but we have to, we have no transportation. Both mine and Chris's house were more than an hour walk away.
I kinda want to cry, but I feel that would seem a little weak, so I just bury my face in Chris's shirt.
"How could Jacob do that?" My voice is muffled but Chris still replies.
"I never liked him." He says.
Honestly, I don't think I did either.