Getting Closer?

"It's a voicemail... From Darius," Chris says slowly. He picks up the phone and puts it on speaker.

The voicemail dial rings, and relays the message.

"Call me now. I can't get in touch with Jacob." Then there's a few sentences in Spanish.

It ends. We write what we heard down as best we can.

"Darius speaks Spanish?!" Chris says.
"Really," I roll my eyes. "That's not the point. We have some real evidence now."

Chris and I pull a blank sheet of paper from the clipboard and try our best to write down all the information we have together about the suspects.

Darius
-tried to kidnap Me
-called Chris anonymously from Cylas' office number, told him he wants money from him and threatened Chris, saying he'd kill him and hurt me if he told anyone about anything he's said.
-he possibly hasn't gotten over me and is jealous of Chris
-he left a message to Cylas about Jacob and some in Spanish.

Jacob
-works/worked? for Darius for the money
-told us Darius tried to kidnap me
-ran away from the office possibly with

Cylas
-my doctor
-possibly related to Darius
-ran away from us and stole our car possibly with Jacob

We decide to take this information to the police and tell them about the voicemail and remind them about the missing car.

"We'll close off his office for investigation purposes, and in case he wants to come back. We'll call you as soon as we listen to the voicemail again. Oh yeah," the attorney/police (idk what he is) man says, "we have new evidence from your case as well."

The cops happened to find Chris's car yesterday night in an empty lot a few miles away from the office. The car obtained some valuable evidence that suggested there was more to the quick getaway than what Chris and I saw. There was a great amount of blood on the passengers seat and across the driver's.

"We managed to get quite a bit of it and store it. We could possibly do a blood test if we find the two," The cop tells us.

I wonder whose blood it was. Why would either of them be bleeding? Was it both of them hurt, or just one of them? Cylas or Jacob? Was it even Cylas or Jacob? Were they even driving the car? Or did they pick up someone else on the way to .. Where ever they were going? Are they dead? Did they kill each other or someone else? Does Daniel know I know he wants or wanted to kidnap me? And if he does, will he really try to hurt Chris for telling me? Will he hurt Chris? That idea in itself makes me sick to my stomach. It makes me wonder if any of this is really my fault.

"I won't let him touch you." My anger rises causing my eyes to tear up.
Chris stops when we walk out. And kisses my nose.
"That won't happen."

-
-
!
A/n please support Lilmndesdes and vote for her stories!!!
And oh yaah. Vote for this chapter 😊 please!

Luv Always
NiiBii