Running

Jacob's P.O.V.

My phone buzzes, maybe a bit too loudly.
"Yeah. She's here," I answer the caller's question. "She's on the the Sky Scraper with someone."
"Her boyfriend?" It sounds more like a comment then a question, so I don't answer.
"It doesn't matter," he says roughly. "Just keep an eye on her we might be able to get her this time. Good work finding out she'd be here."
I mean I didn't find her on purpose...I didn't know she was friends with Crawford.
I decide to blend into a vendors line. I watch her go higher and higher on the huge ride. She sure does scream loud. I wish I was on there too. But I knew I didn't have that kind of money right now to be going the amusement parks anyway. I wonder when I will get paid, I really do need the money...this feels so wrong, but my family needs the money, and this is the fastest way to get it, I keep telling myself. In my peripheral vision I spot Crawford and his girlfriend get into a line a few away from me.
"I wonder why he didn't want to come," I hear Naomi say.
"He said he had some business to attend to," Crawford shrugs.
I realize they are talking about me. My phone buzzes again in my pocket and I know he's calling me again, and I need to go somewhere where I can talk quietly. I ran out of line cautiously.
"Um, Jacob..?"
I freeze. I turn my head a little and accidentally make eye contact with Chemaraie. How the heck did she get off the ride so fast?
"Jacob!" She shouts.
Dang it. I bolt through lines, throwing anyone and anything over who was in my way. What will I do now? They know I'm here and I have no idea where he is. What will I tell him...I hope he still pays me.