Where's Mom?

S/o to @mymyrox10 !! Thanks for voting !

Btw I love you guys ✊
Enjoy and comment
////////////////////////////

The police searched the whole premises where the car was, the lot and the nearest houses. All the people occupying the house say they saw no one and heard nothing. I mean they mostly old people and they were  all sleeping.

I'm desperately waiting for more feedback from the police about the voicemail and anything else they find. I get off my soaked pillow and walk the short distance to Chris' house. The door is open.
I find Chris in his room on his laptop. He isn't the least bit startled when I plop down next to him. He pulls me close and strokes my hair.

"What's your mom say about the new addition to the case?" He says without looking from his computer.
"Now that I think about it," I say, "I haven't told her much of anything after Darius tried to kidnap me in the first place. She doesn't even know it was Darius. She's been gone so much, and the whole ordeal happened so quickly." I start to stress.
How could I forget about my mother ... Where is she? Oh yeah, Dubai. Since when do office assistants get to go to Dubai? I have no idea.
I use Chris' cell to call. She doesn't answer, twice.

"Call her work phone, so you know when she gets back?" Chris asks.
"No." Her work phone doesn't manage to receive my call either.
"Any other number you could try?" Chris asks.
I decide to call my sister, Cheyanne's, apartment number. I'm doubt Cheyanne is there, she likes to live with her boyfriend, but we're still paying for rent.

It rings and rings and rings.
"Hello," my mother answers.
"Mom! Where have you been? There's so much I need to tell you," I ramble.
"No it's just my daughter," I faintly hear her say. "Now, what honey? Why don't you just come over here , I'm at Cheyanne's. Love you, bye."

It talked me a moment to comprehend her words, which were a bit slurred.

"What'd she say?" Chris squints his eyes in confusion.

"We need to go to my sisters apartment."