Heir to the throne

There was no point looking around for Siah, he was definitely gone, but then again that's just how Tengus are. They go as fast as they come and no one can slow them down.

Strangely I found myself seeking the comfort of my bedroom as the streets began to empty and the moon began to peek over the huge doors of our kingdom, casting a white glow on almost everything. The sounds fading off into the background as I lost myself in my own thoughts.

Thoughts of him, his crystal clear eyes and that cocky grin. He said he didn't want to be found by his clan, but my heart couldn't stop wondering... Why?

Ashear: Son! Harasu!! You're okay!!

My mothers soft embrace enveloped me as she wrapped her arms around me. The familiar scent of mint and cocoa filled my lungs as she hugged me. I let out a chuckle as I softly pushed her back.

Me: Mama, of course I'm okay. I told you already, I can handle myself out there.
Ashear: ah but you always say that! One of these days you're gonna get seriously hurt.
Me: oh Mama, you worry too much!
Ashear: no, it's just that you don't worry at all.
Me: Mama, lighten up! I do worry... sometimes.
Ashear: oh yeah? Name one time you've worried!

My mind instantly thought back to the moment I first laid eyes on Yukiro, the thought that this very beautiful creature could have the ability to kill me in such a slow and torturous way made me worry for my safety.

Me: yesterday, I was worried I might not come back alive.

My mother rested her head against my shoulder as I looked towards the huge iron gates of the kingdom, And everything that I now knew lay beyond.

Ashear: Oh harasu, you don't understand. You have to come back from those hunts, you have to! You're the Heir to the throne.
Me: I understand Mama. I do.