Puppies

The next morning we decided to make a move, if K had been able to find us then other could too. I was shaken awake by Yukiro who proceeded to wake the girls up.

Yukiro: its best we empty this place of all its resources and move on. Let's get to work, there's lots to be done.

Tarrikoa stood guard of the truck as me, Lorelai and Yukiro emptied the cafe of food and drink, crate after crate we emptied into the back of the truck.

Me: let's fill her up and get gone.
Lorelai: I couldn't have said it better myself.
Tarrikoa: careful Lorelai! That's heavy let me take that.
Lorelai: I've got it, get in the truck.
Yukiro: we all ready.
Me: lets go solve a damn mystery.

Laughing we all clipped in our seatbelts and took off, the cars suspension groaned for the first few miles. Looks of worry crossed our faces as we realised the truck was going slower than normal.

Tarrikoa: I've got an idea! Look, there's a car park over there. Let's go find another vehicle and split the load between the two.
Me: sounds good.
Yukiro: if we can get there before this thing breaks down.

We all held our breath as the car rolled the few miles to the car park where we found another truck... occupied. Yukiro creeped into the space next to it and told us all to stay put. Everyone seemed on edge as we watched Yukiro talk to the man who owned the truck.

Me: well, what happened?

Concerned I searched Yukiros body for any signs of attack and came up empty.

Yukiro: he said he'll let us take the truck... if we take the puppies too.
Lorelai: puppies?
Tarrikoa: this ought to be good.
Me: that works, dogs can be trained to pick up scents.

Jumping out of the truck Tarrikoa and Yukiro filled the other truck with half of our loot and brought back three puppies. He handed me a dark grey and black puppy as he signalled for Lorelai to get out.

Yukiro: you'll be riding with K, she's got your things in the back with half the food and water supply. Be safe.
Me: so, its just us huh, well us and these adorable bundles of fluff.

Yukiro laughed as I let my puppy curl up in my lap. The small white diamond on its head seemed like it was pointing in a certain direction.

Me: Guidance
Yukiro: Guardian

Smiling at each other we helped tow the Girls back to the gas station to fill up.