Not a child

After sharing that last bittersweet kiss, I stormed into the kingdom and barged past everything that got in my way, making a bee line for the hut in the centre of the kingdom. People stared and whispered as I threw open the doors and walked straight up to my father.

The hard sound of conflict came in seconds as I pulled back my hand and let it rip. My mother was in shock as I stood, chest heaving and blood boiling in front of the chief.

Raul: son, what the fuck are you doing? Where have you been?!
Me: you sick, twisted low life of a- ugh!

I pulled my foot up and slammed it against his chest sending him crashing into the wooden table behind my mother. She stepped forward to try and calm me as my father collected himself off the wooden furniture.

Ashear: Harasu!! What's wrong? Son please, talk to me.
Me: did you know?
Ashear: know? About what?
Me: about Lorelai. You know, the 14 year old unturned girl who was raped and impregnated by Yokia.

My mother's face turned pale as she spun on my father, her shock turned to rage as I continued.

Me: and not just any Yokai, but imperial rogue Yokia, wearing the same damn uniform as the hunting squad.
Ashear: Raul, explain. Now!!!

While my mother had my father distracted I pulled open the first drawer, where all the keys are normally kept and searched for the biggest brass key. It was the one for the dungeons, but it was missing.

Swearing under my breath I made my way out of the hut and ran over to Siah's home in the foot of the mountain. The door was slightly open, so I helped myself and walked on in. Only to find Siah, mouth to mouth with a Nadaný and Yukiro examining a picture.

Relief washed over me as I pulled Yukiro into my arms and sighed, he was safe and now we had our answers.

Yukiro: thank fuck you're okay.
Me: close call with my dad but yeah, I can't find the key to the dungeon anywhere.
Yukiro: so how do we get Lorelai and K out?
Siah: you're not a kid anymore Cherish.
Me: Cherish?
Siah: it's a pet name Yukiro chose for you.
Yukiro: c'mon, I said it once!!
Siah: i think it's time i taught you something your parents wouldn't have wanted you to know.
Me: enlighten me.