Three's a crowd

Striding back over, medical supplies in hand Yukiro scoffed.

Yukiro: look kid-
Lorelai: Lorelai
Yukiro: same thing, I'm not his boyfriend, and he's not mine. So unless you know where we could find clothes and food piss off.
Me: YUKIRO!? Didn't your parents ever teach you respect.
Yukiro: my parents told me to trust nothing and kill everything.
Me: yet you left me alive.

I could see my words had hit home as he started to rebandage my leg, pulling out the old torn stitches to put new ones in. Lorelai walked off, shoulders hunched, I was scared she wouldn't come back. Until she dumped food and clothes at our feet. 

Lorelai: just because I'm human doesn't mean I'm stupid, Yukiro! I know this place inside out, I know where the monsters hide, I know where the bed are. I know where the food and toilets are. You wouldn't last 3 days on your own here.

Yukiro secured the last bandage and spun around to face Lorelai, he towered over her small figure but she squared her shoulders and set her mouth in a thin line. His icy smooth lips curved into a smile.

Yukiro: fair enough, you've got heart I'll give you that. What exactly are you after?
Lorelai: let me come with you!
Me: I don't see why no-
Yukiro: no, three's a crowd. You'll only slow us down.

Something dark twisted inside my stomach as I realised what that meant for me, I was slower than Lorelai, and I was wounded. If he thought she'd slow him down, the  I was already slowing him down.

Me: then I'm not going either.
Yukiro: you're joking me?!
Me: I'm slower than her! If anyone's gonna slow you down, it's me.

Lorelai and I exchanged smiles as Yukiro massaged his temples and sighed in defeat.

Yukiro: fine you can come with, but don't get in the way.
Me: where are we going anyway?
Yukiro: the forest next to your kingdom. It was the last known sighting of our guy, and the place he was apparently slaughtered.
Me: what if my clan find you?

Yukiro's glassy ice cold eyes fixated on me as he spoke.

Yukiro: you should be worry about what will happen if they find you, Harasu.

The worst part was, he was right!