Unwanted Guest

I let my mother lead me into the wood cabin placed in the centre of our kingdom. It was the home of the chief and his family, which included me. The warm glow of lantern light bathed the cabin in a golden glow, shadows casted across the room in bleak dark shapes.

Ashear: Go along to your room dear, I need a word with your father.

I let out a soft chuckle as I recognised the tone she was using, her 'wait til I get my hands on him' tone that she always held whenever she was angry with my dad. Obeying politely, I walked along the halls to the small room at the far right hand side of the cabin.

My room was small and cozy, a single bar across one side of the room topped with a wooden slab. A mess of fabrics and branches formed a huge borrow like nest that sat upon the slab of oak. The circular nest  was the perfect size to hide away in and so damn comfortable, only problem was it had no door.

Me: Dammit, I gotta remember to build that soon. Maybe Siah has some spare wood?

I glanced around at the few other items that littered my room. Books on astronomy and specific characteristics of the Nadaný, clothes spilling out of my wardrobe, And my rucksack, often filled to the brim with emergency escape items.

It was a mess, but an organised mess. Cracking open my window I stared up at the full moon and sighed. Unwillingly, I found my mind drifting back to a certain boy.

Icy blue eyes and pale skin, he'd been so beautiful yet dangerous at the same time, much like ice. When ice covers the lakes it offers a beautiful aesthetic and the ability to ice skate, which is all fun and games...

Until the ice breaks.