2

Oct. 11 | 5:26 AM

I sat back in the seat as I listened to the sound of the plane. I couldn't believe that we were moving. I don't even know how long my mom has been seeing this Steve guy. She never tells me anything anyways. I liked living in Washington but now we were moving to California. I haven't talked to my mom since our incident. I want to say sorry to her but I'm not going to go to her first.

"Hey." Somebody said catching my attention. I looked up at him and he had a big curly afro full of tight and loose curls.

"Is this seat taken?" He asked referring to the empty seat next to me. I peeked behind him and saw that my mom was asleep sitting next to another guy. I looked at him and shook my head. He sat down and got comfortable.

"Thanks." He said looking at me. I looked out the window and sighed.

Later | 10:32 AM

I grabbed my bags from the shelf of the plane and looked for my mom. She was nowhere to be found so I just exited the plane. I walked into the busy aisle and saw that my mom was jumping up and down with a girl. I rolled my suitcase and adjusted my bag on my shoulder and walked over to the commotion slowly. It was a girl who looked about my age and had brown wavy hair and gray eyes with caramel skin.

"Oh my goodness. I can't believe your here!" The girl exclaimed.

"Hey Nisha." Steve greeted while patting my shoulder. I scooted away from him and focused back on my mom.

"Oh. Evette, this is my daughter Lanisha." My mom said while bringing Evette towards me.

"Hi." Evette said while extending her arm.

"Hi." I shook her hand. She smiled and I let go of her hand. I backed away and cleared my throat.

"So shall we get going?" Steve asked. I looked at him as he was cuddled up with my mom holding her closely to him.

"Yeah, I can't wait to see the house." My mom said as they started walking. I rolled my eyes and they all walked in front of me. I sighed and looked around as we passed the stores of the airport.

"Hey!" I jumped as someone touched my arm.

"You forgot this on the plane." The boy said. It was the same guy that sat next to me on the plane. He handed me my phone. I checked my pockets and my bag and realized that I really did leave it on the plane. I took it from him and looked at it.

"How silly of me." I whispered to myself.

"Silly indeed." He chuckled. I scoffed and shook my head walking away.

"Wait!" He said.

"What's your problem?" He asked stopping me.

"I just gave you your phone back and I don't get a thank you?" He asked.

"Thank you." I said, putting on a fake smile.

"What's your name?" He asked. I looked down not wanting to answer his question. Why would he need to know anyways?

"Lanisha." I sighed.