4

Oct. 13 | 3:46 AM

I shot up from the bed as I had the first nightmare here. My chest heaved up and down as sweat bullets fell from my forehead. I thought I would never have to see that scene again. It all happened so fast. It felt like I was reliving that horrid moment. A moment that I will live with for the rest of my life. A moment that I will never forget.

I pulled the covers back and got out of bed going to the bathroom. I washed my face and dried it off. I breathed out and turned off the light going back to my bed. I pulled the covers over me and fell back to sleep.

Later | 12:10 PM

I paid for lunch and went to a table. Yesterday I ate by myself and I hope that keeps happening. I want it to stay way. I sat down at a table with a group of girls giggling about something. I put my tray down and opened the Gatorade.

"What a freak." A girl whispered. She wasn't very good at it. I gave her a side glare and drank my drink.

"She tried to get at Princeton in the girls restroom." She snickered. I gave her my full attention and noticed that it was the girl who was so named Vienna.

"What are you looking at? Huh?" She asked with attitude.

"You obviously." I answered. She gasped and stood up. I stood up as well sizing her up.

"What are you going to do little miss thang?" She said. I kept quiet.

"That's what I thought." She snapped her fingers and her minions stood up. They trotted out and I looked around to see all eyes left on me. I sat back down slowly and could hear people murmuring. I looked around and saw that they were whispering and staring at me.

"What the hell is her problem?" One asked.

"What's up with the new chick?"

"Is she special?"

"She thinks she's the shit."

"Good try new girl."

"Nobody messes with Vienna."

I quickly stood up and dumped my food in the garbage and storming out of the cafeteria. I couldn't take it all. Sometimes I act hard and tough on the outside but I'm fragile on the inside.

I stormed through the halls, heading straight for the exit until I bumped into someone.

"Sorry." He said. I looked up and saw that it was Princeton.

"Uh, I-I..Um-" He stuttered. I sighed and walked past him. He called my name but I ignored him. I could hear his footsteps as he ran for me.

"Hey, wait!" He said. He grabbed my wrist and I turned around looking into his eyes. He let go of my wrist and I rubbed it. I looked down.

"Lanisha, just hear me-" He began.

"I don't have t-"

"JUST HEAR ME OUT DAMNIT!" He snapped. I jumped and he sighed running his fingers through his hair.

"I'm just really trying to figure you out." He began.