15

8:45 PM

Lanisha

"Here you go." He said, handing me a cup of hot chocolate. I took it into my hands and looked down. He sat down next to me and sighed. He put his hands in his lap and licked his lips.

"So-" He started. It was quiet for a moment. I could feel his eyes on me the entire time as I was looking down at the hot chocolate.

"Your very pretty." He stated.

"Don't." I said softly. He cleared his throat and shifted on the couch.

"Aren't you a friend of Perez?" He asked. I looked at him as if I didn't know what he was talking about.

"Wait a minute, let me rephrase that-" He cleared his throat.

"A friend of Prince." He emphasized. I looked down quickly thinking about him. I missed him so much and it was hurting inside. Hell, I think he's hurting way worse than I am. But that was impossible. He didn't have to go through the pain. He doesn't have to go through the pain of knowing that people you barely even know, know your past;a horrible past.

"I-" I began as I wiped away a tear.

"Shh." He said. He scooted closer towards me and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"It'll be all-" He began until the doorbell interrupted him. He stood up and walked towards the door. I sniffed and leaned on the arm of the couch with the support of my elbow.

"What are you doing here?" I heard him speak.

"I just wanted to ask if-" The man said. I knew that voice. My heart started to beat faster and my palms got sweaty.

"Just let me in." He sighed. I stood up and turned in they're direction. He walked into the living room and stopped in his tracks as he stared at me.

"Lanisha?" He questioned.

"I-I-" I began. He rushed over to me and wrapped his arms around me as I did the same. Our lips connected and it felt like magic. He pulled away and cupped my face looking into my eyes.

"I'm so glad your alright." He sighed, putting his face in the crook of my neck.

"Ahem." Elijah cleared his throat. Prince turned towards him and got in front of me.

"What is she doing here?" He asked sternly.

"Well, happy that you know-" Elijah began.

"She was out on the sidewalk."

"In the cold!"

"So I brought her in." He smiled wickedly.

"Why didn't you contact the police?" Prince questioned as his fists balled up. I grabbed his hand softly and he relaxed.

"I didn't think I needed to. I mean, you should've been out looking for her." Elijah stated.

"I was out looking for her!" Prince yelled. Elijah kissed his teeth.

"Obviously not."

"Sorry but...not sorry." Elijah chuckled. Prince charged at him and took the first lick. Elijah fell to the ground groaning in pain.

"Your a low life son of a bitch just like your father." Prince said through his teeth. He grabbed my hand and we walked out of the house to his car. I got in and put on my seatbelt as he started the car. The car ride was silent. I didn't like it that way.

We soon arrived at his house and he stopped the car. He got out and walked to my side. I took off my seatbelt as he opened the door. I smiled and got out as he grabbed my hand. I shut the door as he backed me up against it. He connected our lips once again and our lips moved in sync. He pulled away and put his forehead on mine.

"Don't do that to me again." He said softly. I kissed his cheek and smiled.

"Your too much to lose." He stated.