18

Nov. 6 | 1:03 AM

Prince

"Thanks man." I said to the taxi driver as I got out of the car. I walked to the door and I clocked the door. I sighed as I closed the door behind me, throwing my keys off to the side. I plopped on the couch and threw my head back, closing my eyes. I tried calling my mom after I got out but she didn't answer. I figured that she'd be at that low down son a bitch's house. What I said to her was wrong but it was true.

I got up and pulled my shirt over my head and sighed, walking upstairs. I heard whimpering from my room. Silent but loud enough for me to hear. I rushed to the door and opened it. Lanisha was on the floor in a corner. Her hair was messy, her towel barely covered her body. There was a bruise on her cheek and red handprints on her arms. I rushed over to her and knelt down to her level. She had her eyes closed and tear stains on her face.

"Lanisha." I spoke as I touched her arm. She flinched and looked at me with fear in her eyes.

"NO! NO!" She yelled hitting me repeatedly. I put my hands up to block her hits.

"Lanisha it's me!" I yelled. I grabbed her wrists as she got weaker and soon started to cry.

"Lanisha." I spoke.

"Baby, what happened?" I asked. She shook her head and cried harder, pulling her towel up more. She looked at me and stood up. I stood up with her and stared at her.

"I can't do this anymore." She cried.

"I don't want to do this anymore." She finished.

"What happened?" I repeated. I wrapped my arms around her as she cried in my chest. I think it's going to take time for her to recover. As much as I'd like to know what happened as soon as possible, I'll let her recover.

"Let's get you to the shower." I said softly. As we started to walk I noticed that she was limping. I looked at her legs and they hand handprints on them.

"Lanisha, who the hell did this to you?" I questioned. Fuck waiting. I need to know now.

"Tell me who did this." I softly demanded.

"...Elijah." She whispered. It took everything in me not to smash a wall. I picked her up bridal style and stared at the wall. Elijah is not going to know what hit him. He's not going to prance into my life and make it a living hell along with the people in it. He's already got my mom turning her back on me. The only person I have right now is Lanisha.

Later | 6:23 AM

Lanisha had cleaned up and I had gave her a pair of my boxers and a white tee. I fixed her some food but she didn't bother to touch any of it. I took her up to the bedroom and had laid her down and she soon fell asleep. I couldn't go to sleep. I couldn't stop thinking about what could've happened. I mean when I walked in she was in nothing by a towel. Bruises all over. I'm making a lot of assumptions that are reasonable.

I kissed her cheek and put her hair behind her ear. I got up from the bed and put on my jacket along with my shoes. I grabbed my phone and keys and walked downstairs. I walked out the door and went to the car and put the key in the ignition.

Meanwhile,

I arrived at his house and got out. I shut the door quietly and put the keys in my pocket. I looked up to see that the balcony doors were closed. I looked at the treehouse ladder. I walked over to it and climbed up and stepped onto the balcony. I opened the doors quietly and walked in. It was dark and I could hear him lightly snoring. My fists balled up as I walked closer to him.

"Hey Elijah." I spoke. There was no response so I slithered my hands around his neck and pushed him further into the bed. He immediately woke up and tried to pry my hands off of his neck.

"You think you can just hurt Lanisha like that and get away with it?" I growled.

"Huh?"

"Well your wrong." I said. He struggled to breathe.

"Try this again-"

"And it'll be worse." I growled.

"I will make your life a living hell." I finished.

"This should be a wake up call." I finished.