16

Nov. 5 | 8:03 AM

Lanisha

I opened my eyes from my dreamless sleep. I cleared my throat and stretched in the covers. The covers were soft and plush. I sat up and I was in a big black tee along with my underwear under. I got out of bed and looked around. I heard footsteps approaching and he walked through the door. I smiled as he looked at me.

"Morning sunshine." He greeted as he took my hands and stood me up.

"Morning." I giggled. He pressed his lips against mine softly.

"Lanisha." He whispered. He pressed his forehead against mine.

"You have to go back to school." He said. I looked at him and backed away.

"Do you not know what happened?" I asked.

"I-I-It was humiliating!" I stated.

"I know but just running away from them means that they win and you lose Ni." He explained. He sat down on the bed and brought me onto his lap. I looked into his eyes and cupped his face.

"I can't go back there. I don't care if I lose." I said.

"Guess I'm a loser." I finished. He shook his head and sighed.

"No Ni." He said.

"Your not a loser."

"At least not in my eyes." He smiled. I blushed and looked away. He grabbed my chin and turned my head to face him.

"Your a winner."

Meanwhile,

Prince

I decided to stay home from school today. I know Lanisha needs me right now and I'm going to fulfill her wishes. I think Lanisha should face her fears and just walk down those halls and let them know that they don't bother her. I had to do that when I was younger. Always getting bullied because of my hair and because I would dance and stuff. I gave all that up just because I got bullied. Except for my hair, that shit stayed.

Lanisha was still upstairs as I was downstairs cooking breakfast. I decided to call Steve. He needed to know that Lanisha was safe and that I had her. I know she won't like it but it's the right thing to do.

"Hey Steve." I sighed.

"Wassup man." He said.

"I've got good news." I said. They weren't good news. These were bad news from my perspective.

"Hit me." He said.

"I have Lanisha." I said.

"Really?!" He exclaimed.

"Mimi! Prince found Lanisha!" He yelled.

"Yeah yeah." I said quietly.

"What was that Jay?" He asked.

"Nothin' man. Just...I'll drop her off later." I sighed.

"Alright Jay." He said.

"Thank you so much." He said then hung up.

"Yeah." I said putting the phone down. I leaned on the counter with the support of my hands thinking about Lanisha. This might have been a mistake but I had to do it. I heard the stair creak and heard footsteps fading. I turned around and knew it was Lanisha.

"Lanisha!" I yelled running upstairs.

"Ni!" I sighed walking to the door but soon to be slammed in my face. I jiggled the knob but it wouldn't budge.

"Why would you do that Prince?" She softly asked.

"I had to." I said.

"Just please open the door." I spoke softly.

"Please." I sighed. I heard the click and I opened the door closing it behind me. She laid on the bed and folded her arms.

"Lanisha why does this always have to happen?" I asked, laying beside her.

"What are you talking about?" She sighed.

"All these problems occurring with us." I said. I sighed and scoffed. I looked over her shoulder and saw her eyes closed. I kissed her cheek then her neck.

"Prince please-" She began.

"Shh." I turned her towards me and hovered over her. I kissed her lips as she wrapped her arms around my neck. She pulled me closer to her and I got on top of her. I took off my shirt and went back down to her luscious lips.

"Mmm." She moaned, I smirked. I heard the doorbell ring as it interrupted the moment. I put my face in the crook of her neck and chuckled softly and sighed. I kissed her neck and she giggled. I got up and put my shirt back on. I pecked her lips and walked downstairs to the door. I looked out the window and saw a police car. I furrowed my eyebrows and opened the door.

"Hello officers. What's going on?" I questioned.

"Jacob Perez?" They questioned.

"Yes, that's me." I spoke. They bombarded me and slammed me against the couch.

"What the hell is going on?!" I questioned.

"Your under arrest for the kidnapping of Lanisha Cole." He stated.

"WHAT?!" I questioned, trying to break free.

"No!" Lanisha yelled.

"Anything you say or do will be held against you in court." They stated.

"Let him go! You've got it all wrong!" Lanisha yelled. They stood me up and Lanisha stood in front of me.

"Tell them they've got it all wrong!" She exclaimed.

"Officers you've got it all wrong!" She yelled.

"Don't worry Ni." I said putting my forehead to hers.

"I'll come back for you."

"Don't worry princess." I chuckled. I kissed her lips and they pulled me away. They took me to the car and put me in the back seat. I threw my head back and sighed. The first person that came to my mind who would've thought of something this evil to do was Elijah himself.