23

December 3 | 5:32 AM

Princeton

I put my plate in the sink and sighed. My mom still hasn't been home and I haven't called her either. I've been thinking about Lanisha though. I'm too angry to know that she is going to be moving or that she has moved. Chres has been telling me to talk to her but I'm too into my feelings to pick up the phone and call her.

I walked upstairs and ran my fingers through my hair. Everything that has been happening is just overwhelming. The number one thing that is on my mind is just Lanisha. It should be my mom but she doesn't care. Nobody is here to care about me. I may be a young adult, but I should be my mom's number one priority. She shouldn't be running off with her little boyfriends.

I walked into my room and saw my phone going off. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at the caller ID.

"Hey Evette." I said as I sat down.

"Come outside." She demanded.

"Alright." I sighed, hanging up after. I threw on my slides and a jacket. I walked downstairs and out the door locking eyes with her. She was the person I wanted to see. I looked behind her and saw that Evette was in the car with Chres. I put my hands in my pockets as I walked to her.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned.

"I thought you were leaving?" I wrapped my arms around her and sighed. I wanted this girl so bad that it kills me. I never actually took this girl on a date and she really needs it. She slithered her arms around me. I looked at Evette and nodded. She backed up and drove away.

"Come on." I whispered. I took Lanisha inside the house and closed the door and locked it. I took her in my arms and kissed her cheek.

"My mom is gone." She softly said.

"She left with Steve and I don't think she's coming back." She whispered.

"Yeah, I could say the same thing." I slightly chuckled. She crossed her arms and shrugged her shoulders, looking uncomfortable. I lifted her chin gently to face me.

"Hey." I whispered. I leaned down and pecked her lips. I looked in her eyes and kissed her softly and passionately.

"I'm always going to be here for you." I said against her lips. She slithered her arms around my neck and kissed me deeply. I picked her up and wrapped her legs around my waist and laid her on the couch. Our uneven breathing was music to me ears.

I rubbed her sides as her moans escaped her lips. As things started to get serious, there was a knock at the door. I put my face in the crook of her neck and chuckled. I looked at her as she blushed.

Lanisha

I sat up as he walked to the door to answer it. I put my hair into a high bun and stood up, fixing my shirt. I didn't want to be nosy so I went to the kitchen and grabbed a water bottle.

"Please go home." I heard.

"I hate to see you like this." He sighed. I took a sip of the water and walked back into the living room, seeing Milan in the doorway. Princeton brought her into a hug and brought her inside. I took another sip and started to walk towards him until me and Milan made eye contact.

"Why is she here?!" She exclaimed, looking directly at me.

"Milan, we were just doing a little studying." He said. I ran my fingers through my hair and went to grab my phone.

"I'll see you later." I quietly spoke as I brushed past him and opened the door.

"You better run bitch!" Milan yelled.

"MILAN!" Princeton snapped. I ignored them both and started to walk on the sidewalk.

Why did Princeton have to lie about what we were doing? Why can't he be a man and tell the truth? He's not even with Milan anymore. I'm just wasting my time if he can't open up to me. I want to open up to him but I don't think he feels the same way.

I heard honking from behind, taking me away from my thoughts. I turned around and gave Evette a small smile as I jogged to the other side of the car.

"Everything okay?" She asked as she drove off.

"Yeah." I sighed as I put on my seatbelt. She looked at me then focused back on the road.

"What's going on Nisha?" She questioned. I sighed and leaned against the window.

"He's not opening up to me."

"He kisses me and we're in the moment, then he turns around and lies to fuckin' Milan telling her that we were studying." I sighed.

"She wasn't even sober." I scoffed.

"If it helps, I'll talk to him for you?" She said. I shook my head and looked at her.

"I don't want you to get involved."

"Girl please." She laughed.

"I've been in much worse situations."

"Trust me." She said.

"It's fine Evette, I got this." I nodded my head and looked at the road. I didn't exactly know what I was going to say to Princeton but I was going to cut right to the chase.