6

Oct 14 | 12:48 PM

I looked into his eyes as he said those words. Was I really something special to him? Was I special to him? Nobody has called me special before. I don't think my mom has called me special before either. I thought special was for a souvenir or something, not a person. A smile soon appeared on my face. He smiled and kissed my forehead.

"We should head downstairs." I said softly.

"Sure." He smiled. I walked to the door with him following behind me.

"Wow, Nisha you look great." Steve complimented with a warm smile.

"T-Thanks." I smiled. I walked downstairs and all eyes were on me once I hit the bottom step.

"Oh sweetheart." My mother gasped with a smile.

Princeton

"Here you go bud." Steve said, throwing me some clothes.

"Thanks man." I said. I went to the bathroom and took a shower. I couldn't stop thinking about Lanisha. She was always on my mind. I haven't thought about a girl like this since elementary when I thought I was in love. That moment when I saw her smile, I knew it was real. That's what I want her to be. Real. Nothing other than that.

I washed my body and hair thoroughly and got out to dry off. I dried off, lotioned my body and got dressed into the nice pair of jeans and blue tee. I fluffed out my hair and finished up. I put on my shoes and walked downstairs to the family room where everyone was. I looked at Lanisha and she was laughing for once. Everyone was laughing along and that's when a smile came across my face just looking at her. True beauty.

Later | 2:12 PM

Chres, Craig, Ray, Evette, Juanita, Lanisha and I had went out together. Everyone was having a really good time, especially Lanisha. She hasn't stopped smiling for the whole day. She had this glow on her that was showing.

"You fell into the pool from that high ass-" Craig began.

"No nigga! That was you!" Rayan laughed.

"Psh, nigga please." Craig said.

"Tell him Chres!" Ray laughed.

"Was it me or him that fell off the diving board?" He questioned. Chres just kept laughing. He started to cry.

"It was Craig." He laughed, wiping away his tears.

"HA NIGGA!" Rayan laughed, getting in Craig's face.

"That was the only summer I had braids." Craig said.

"We don't look alike nigga." Ray scoffed. I laughed at them both. I looked ahead and noticed that the girls weren't with us.

"Wait hol' up." I said, stopping.

"The girls aren't here." I stated looking around.

"They probably went into a store or something." Chres shrugged.

Lanisha