9

Oct. 20

Lanisha

We were now back at school. Back to the grind. Those days of sitting in desks and pulling out paper and pencils are back. Those days of staying home and sleeping in are over. I was mortified to go to school. I would have to be seeing Milan and Princeton. And to make my life even worse, I would have to see Vienna. Why did school have to start out like this for me? Why did moving here have to start out like this? I thought that everything would go smoothly and everyone would just let me be but I guess they actually care. But I don't believe it. I think it's all just playing games. I sighed as I put my hair into a slicked back ponytail. I smoothed out my Polo shirt as I stood to my feet. I slipped on my Jordans and grabbed my backpack.

"You have a good day Blue." I kissed his forehead.

"I'll see you when I get home lovey." I smiled. I walked downstairs to be greeted by my mom.

"Hello darling." She smiled.

"Hey mom. Can you make sure to take Blue on walk and fill up his bowl with food and water?" I asked.

"Yes dear." She laughed softly.

"Alright. Thanks." I said. I smiled and left out of the house. I walked to Evette's car and opened the door and got in.

"Long time no see." She stated while applying her lipstick. I chuckled a bit.

"I'm not ready to go back to school." I groaned. She pulled out of the driveway and we drove to school.

"Your not the only one." She chuckled.

"I just don't want to have to face him, y'know?" I sighed.

"You'll be fine. Just turn the other cheek and keep struttin'." She said. I chuckled as I looked out the window. Maybe she was right. I need to learn to just walk away and move on. But that's not me. Like I'm going to listen to all of that crap. Like I said, it's all just a play.

Meanwhile | 9:22 AM

Princeton

"Jay, you can't be serious." He said.

"Man, I'm serious." I sighed.

"It's like I want to stay away from her but then I don't." I explained.

"It was extremely wrong of me to just ditch the party but I mean she still could've had it." I shrugged.

"Wow man." Craig scoffed.

"What?" I questioned.

"What do you mean what?" Craig spoke.

"Man, Lanisha likes you!" He exclaimed.

"And I don't mean like, I mean like like."

"Keep your voice down." I demanded.

"No she doesn't." I interrogated.

"Believe what you want man." Craig sighed.

"But all I know is that you need to stop fuckin' with Milan."