Chapter 36

Mina POV

"Mina, your friends here to see you." Dad shouted from downstairs.

That's weird. Chaeyoung just texted me that he still sick. I close my biology textbook, and quickly jog downstairs with my messy bun flopping around and undoing itself. Turning the corner, I expect to see Chaeyoung but instead its Jihyo. She stand shyly near the door waiting for me. When she looks up and see me, she gives me a gentle but sad smile.

"Well, you girls have fun. I'm going to go buy some stuff to fix our kitchen sink. So, don't use it." Dad said zips his coats and slips on a knitted hat before leaving.

"Have a seat. You must be tired from walking." I try to casually plop onto the couch hiding awkwardness.

"Thanks." Jihyo said slowly sitting beside me but leaving enough space for another person between.

"I actually got a car." She said.

"Oh, that's great." I reply a bit unenthusiastic. Then, we went silent.

"I'm sorry for what happened.. I honestly didn't think you meant to hurt Tzuyu. You're not like that." She starts talking.

"Why does it matter anymore? Tzuyu and Sana, they both hate my guts." I said sighing.

"Mina. Please don't think that. You know Sana. She's super passionate and protective. She probably got heated in the moment. If it wasn't for the fact that she only heard from Tzuyu's side, she wouldn't have overreacted like that." Jihyo said.

"Its okay Jihyo. Maybe its better that they hate me. I wasn't a good friend in the first place." I said.

"No Mina. That's not true. Please don't think like that." Jihyo grabs into my arms. Her eyes wet blinking frantically.

"Why don't you just hate me too? It will be more better for you. Sana and Tzuyu are going to be pissed if they know you're talking to me." I say bitterly, my eyes staring at my lap.

"Mina, you never once purposely did said mean thing to us. Never even behind our backs. Of course you won't do now." She said holding my hands.

"Its okay. Its good enough you believe me. But with Sana and Tzuyu... its too broken to be fixed. I'm glad you came tho." I said sigh giving a genuine smile.

"I really don't get it with they lately. They joined another clique and I can't stand the people. I wish it just four of us. Like old times." She said looking down.

"Yeah, I have noticed. But, people changed and we can't stay exact the same." I said again sigh.

"Actually the reason I came here because, I have something to tell you." She said.

I turn to her directly and showing my undivided attention.

"I-I... Hmm, I actually.. like girls. Like a romantic way." She stuttering afraid to said.

"That's cool. I sort of had the idea you did. Well, more like my sister told me." I said smiling to her.

"Oh, you do? I guess Sunmi unnie would know. I have the feeling she likes girls too." Jihyo replied.

"She does? Woah, why I never going to hear anything directly from you guys." I laugh and Jihyo join. Any residual ice starting to melt away.

"You're the first person I have told." She admits.

"Really? Sana and Tzuyu?" I asked shocked.

"Actually, I stopped talking to Tzuyu lately and I have not told Sana. Honestly, I think I like Sana. I want to tell her and confess to her but I thought it would be better to do it in one go or else I will chicken out." She explain.