Chapter 21 "This is good bye"

I woke up at 7:30am to a text from Della saying " be in the lobby with your bags packed by 8:00"
Nick shakes drake awake along with everyone else and says "come on guys wake up, it's that time.." They helped me grabbed my bags and walked me down to the lobby where we found Oscar. He greeted us "morning guys."
I held on to nicks arm. Alexis said "Craig we all prepare you with going away gifts." I said "oh come on guys. You didn't have to, your going to make me cry. " Then drake grabbed my hand and said "let us.. Please accept them Craig. It'll mean a lot if you did." I said "ok." CartexzCat said "here comes tears.." Drake said "I'll start." And hands me and cd. I said "oooh drake this is so sweet who's the artist?" He laughed and said "its me and Alexis EP the studio doesn't even know I took it we can get it trouble but I don't care."
I said "you really risk your job and career on me ? *begins to cry* oh drake..lexxy." Drake smiled and said "yes only for you." Then he hugged me and began to tear up. Then I handed drake a gnar plushie I was going to give Michael to match my teemo. Drake said "aw thanks carter I'll sleep with it every night. I promise." Then I walk up to Nick. Nick said "oh god... I'm not ready." Then I gave my dog tags to him. Nick said "Craig....your dog tags, I can't take these. They mean the world to you..." I said " I know but your worth it." Nick said "thanks Carter but I want to give you this." And hands me this smart watch. I said "oooh pretty watch, thanks Nick." He said "no problem with that watch we can send each other messages and pictures as long as you have wifi. Also you can send it to other watches which me and Nicole have so we can keep in touch, and Alexis tells me how you lose your phone a lot." I smiled and "yeah thanks this thing must've costed you a fortune .." He shook his head no and said "I know a guy trust me." Then Michael came up to me and hugged me and said "oh man Craig im sorry it has to end this way. But I want to let you know through all the hell that happened two weeks ago, I just want to let you know I love you and I forever and I will promise I will try visit you when I'm on vacation again."
Then he handed me a skinny box. Then he whispered in my ear "open it when your in the plane.." Then he hugged me one last time and kissed me on the cheek.
CartexzCat said "I wonder what's in the box. But being curious will get me killed so..."
Then Oscar walked up to me and said "geez we certainly had an adventure this year much more exciting then last, but carter Im going to miss having you around. Remember you were my whole purpose of going to school here." I shook my head in agreement. Then he handed me a custom phone case with a collage of photos of me and him and Michael. Then he scratched the back of his head and said "im kinda glad it got delivered here on time. But I'am as well going to miss you." Then he hugged me.
This is all such a sad moment for us all. Why did it have to come down to this. Even to set this even worst im single. I guess I will never know what love really is...
Then Nicole said "I got an idea, guys lets take a group selfie together." Then Nick said "our last selfie we'll take together." I said "that's sounds like a great idea, who gots the best camera?"
Drake said "its doesn't matter we will all take one on each our phones so you know we can all keep our version." Then Alexis said "that's awesome we can pose in different manners on each phone." Then I said "alright let's start with mine and we take two since I'm special kitty that's leaving. The poses that's I choose is a simple one with smiles and the others duck facing." They all agreed. Then I said "Nick hold the phone since your tallest out of us all. So Nick grabbed the phone and we all smiled even though it was kinda hard too. But the picture came out sooo freaking sweet. Then we took the rest of the pictures.
The time was 8:13 and I saw Della and George walk in. The tears start to form and I hugged Nick and dig my face in his chest and begin to cry. Nick asked "is that your folks bro?" I just shook my head yes. Nick just teared up and stayed silent. Everyone just grouped hugged me and nick. Then della walks up to us and asked me "so these are your new friends Craig?" I said "ye-yeah some new some old." Then she said "it was good meeting you guys and I will like to thank you for watching over him. But we must be heading off our plane leaves at 9:30. Then I turn back to the group and asks "can you guys help me out?" We all grabbed my bags and headed to the car. The bags were loaded. I turn to them and said "you guys, I love you so much.. Thank you for everything." Drake said "we love you too and I can speak for everyone on that." Nicole says "yes that's the truth. Please make if you can please try to make it to me and nicks graduation." I nodded my head and agreement and she hugged me and whispered "have a safe flight back tiger."
Nick said "please keep in touch with us bro please Skype or FaceTime any of us were going to miss you okay. Be safe and don't forget about us carter..*begins to cry* I love you."
I said "ooooh Nick. I love you too.." And I ran to him and jumped in his arms.
Alexis said "the bromance is soooo cute here between you two. But Craig im going to miss you and I love you bestfriend. When you get back say hello to everyone. When get back to the hometown."
Then Oscar and Michael were silent they both just kissed me on each sides of my cheeks and both said "have a safe flight."
Then Cartexzcat said "that was pretty rude not even a final good bye. At least everyone had a little special thing to say. I guess it's really over."
Then we just grouped hugged and u got in the car. George drove off. I turned back to to them and they were waving goodbye.
On the flight back to my hometown Brentwood. I just stared into my phone looking at the pictures we took before I left. I look into the window and saw CartexzCat I said "cartexz I miss them already and it's only been two hours." Then the cat waved his tail and said "there's more to your mind that your upset.."
I said "cartexz ...? What are you getting at ?"
He looks up at the sky and say "carter say don't you remember the statement you made at the college? You know about about being single and not finding love." I look at him and said "yeah... And what does that have to do with anything."
He laughs and said "carter ! Your right you might've not have a boyfriend at the end of the day you found love."
I looked at him and said "I did ?"
CartexzCat said "yes you did, look my young cat. Love doesn't mean having a significant other. Love is being surrounded with people that truly care about you and worry for you and that is willing to protect you like family.. And everyone there at that college you met has proven that. So much emotion, so much tears, the fights and disagreements between the groups. I think those guys are love. You couldn't understand that because you didn't have no friends because everyone avoided you because your sexuality and the way you behaved. Also when your sight of love went bleak also when you lost mother... That put a giant void. But your friends filled your emptiness you didn't experience as a kid. Get it ?"
I shook my head in agreement "hmm CartexzCat your right, and hey you're right I might find my "lover" when we get back to Brentwood." Cartexz smiled And said "that's the spirit kid. With that whole sentence I just broke to you I need to ask you this "do you need me with you still?" I said "cartexz what the hell are you talking about?" Cartexz started to glow and become transparent and laughed and said "listen Craig, I was created to fill the void of loneliness of friends and relationships. But you have acquired the skills to do those things on your own and no longer require my services.." I began to tear up and said "b- but where .. Will go?" He disappeared and said "I will go where I'm needed. In your conscience and in the consciences of your friends to keep the memories of me and your friends alive and permanent." Then CartexzCat disappeared and left sparkles on the window. I fell asleep and an hour later I woke up and I'm in the plane terminal I turned on my phone and saw 22 unread messages

Nick 😻✨💪
Hey bro how's the flight so far ?
Sent- 10:15
Are you ignoring me 😒?
Sent -10:54
I'm going to assume you didn't fall asleep ...
Sent-11:17

Drake 💙😸👀💙✨

Hey did you take a listen of the EP :3?
Sent- 11:30

Carter do you want to play league when you get home ?"
Sent- 11:56

We're all trying to video chat you tonight how does 8 sound?
Sent- 12:10

Ozzybear ❤️🐼💖✨

I'm sorry for the abrupt goodbye earlier I know I'm a jerk but it's just to hard ... I love you kitten
Sent 12:11
And the list goes on and on from Michael, Alexis , and Nicole. But I didn't mind it. Shows to love and care. I don't think I'm so confused about the idea and concept of love anymore. I see that I matured and I'm damn sure proud of myself. I'm pretty sure my mom and CartexzCat will be saying and thinking the same thing from the clouds above.