Chapter 17

He fell asleep in the middle of the match.. I would wake him up but he looked so peaceful.. I gave a slight sigh..

I swear I saw his eye open.. Is he awake??.. I leaned into his face surveying him when suddenly he popped his eyes open completely shocking me.. I yelped falling off the couch.. I shut my eyes waiting for the impact of the ground.. Hello? The cold hard ground?

I peeked through one eyes seeing blue.. His face is close.. Too close... I looked down seeing his hands tightly wound around my waist and started feeling light-headed.. 

"You have something in your eye.. Oh never mind that's just your sparkle"-Naruto giving her a smirk

*Thud* She fainted leaning on his forehead

He gave a light chuckle.. trailing his eyes down her face.. It lingered on her lips longer then it's supposed to.. He leaned in lightly brushing his lips against her's before snapping out of the trance

She's just a friend nothing else.. He sighed picking her up and taking her to the bedroom.. He shut the window.. It had stopped snowing and that meant that they'd leave for Konoha tomorrow.. 

He gave a long sigh.. This training trip was really fun.. He'd probably be lonely again in his lonely apartment in this lonely world.. Ok stop.. Positive thoughts.. Hinata can come over I guess.. He felt a surge of happiness at her name.. Feeling satisfied he walked to the futon and slipped in the covers..

Living in his own apartment.. means that they won't be able to sleep in the same bed.. His face fell.. 

But they could sleep together today right?.. 

He glanced at her sleeping face.... Would that be taking advantage of her?.. Was he overthinking this?... 

He never asked her if she liked sleeping in the same bed as him... Fuck it.. He got up and stiffly got into the bed.. He gave a loud sigh thinking everything out again.. Just to be safe he decided to sleep in his own bed.. He got up slowly

"Naruto?"-Hinata called out from beside him

"A-Ah I-I was j-j-just going "-Naruto 

"No need.. Stay here"-Hinata giving him a light peck on the cheek and throwing his arms around her torso.. 

He froze.. SHE KISSED  HIM.. on the cheek but whatever.... She fell asleep immediately after saying that.. She was probably half-asleep when she said that so it didn't mean anything... 

He tried  to get up but damn this lady had an iron grip.. He gave up and settled in her embrace.. 

I don't mind being kissed by her or anything.. rather I'd like it if she'd do that again.. He thought as he drifted off

-Next Morning-

We'd received news that Sai was sending two birds for us to go to Konoha.. The boats were too dangerous as they might attract too much attention and it wasn't safe for the maids and the Captain.. So until he came we packed and ate our breakfast..

Naruto suggested a last day training session to end this trip and he wanted to see my tailed beast mode..

-After training-

That was exhausting... He had won the spar but barely.. It was only because he could sustain his tailed beast form for a longer time.. I had a lot of injuries and so did he.. My knuckles were bleeding and I was sporting bleeding bruises across my body. Naruto had a gash at his left cheekbone, a busted lip and a lot of bruises.. and now we're sitting beside each other with bottles of antiseptic and rolls of gauze..