Swirls of Orange Skies

SWIRLS OF ORANGE SKIES
05/31/2021

Swirls of orange skies and circular lights,
Panes of glass larger than I, stacked three levels high.

Looking through there, you can almost afford a ninety degree view of the cityscape - its daily buzzing traffic, its almost still images of sun-kissed trees, mountains, disproportionate buildings, houses and structures.

Swirls of orange skies and circular lights,
Tables and chairs, here and there. Tangerine pillars that support the heights, and all sort of food and drink stalls, for a man's delight.

'Tis a refuge for the soul, a temporary rest for the stressed out mind. A sanctuary of an eerie thought, as a plague ravages the land.

Swirls of orange skies and circular lights, in its midst I sit on a table-and-chair. I watched as darkness creeps in, dreariness which the circular lights tried to mask out.

Looking at the cityscape from the stacked-up panes, I seem to hear the melancholy sobs - of families that lose another one, and another... into immediate pyre and dust wherein a man returns. All around the perimeter, I see in my mind dark swirls of clouds, marring the beauty of the mountain ranges and the trees.

I cry faintly as I look around, as one by one the food stalls die, week by week, their lights close; leaving behind nothing but a liminal curse ... I look up to the swirls of orange skies and circular lights, that my tears might not fall...

And I finished my drink, I look up to the swirls of orange skies and circular lights, and took my leave.