Chapter 25

"We can get through this. I know we can."
"We can get throw anything." As I talked to him I went from crying to my eyes being the source of waterfalls.
I kissed his bruised face and just sat in silence for awhile because the more I talk to him the more I cry.
After a while of just watching him I fell asleep.
I dreamt of us. We were happy and laughing. But then we weren't anymore. It was just me. Alone. I was crying but I don't know why.
Then there was a flash of a graveyard and one particular gravestone.
It said "R.I.P" "Nathan Preston"
Just then I gasped awake, grasping for air. I couldn't breathe. I was crying again. Then I realized it was just a nightmare, a very frightening one. But that's all it was, a nightmare and in that instant I jumped up from the chair and wrapped my arms around Nathan.
"I will never let anything happen to you. I love you." I started balling again.
"Please. Please wake up. Please." I said wetting his shirt with my tears as I hugged him tight.
"Wake up. Please. If not for anyone else." I paused.
"For me." I said whispering now.
Just then the door flung open and I jumped.
"Geez, I know he's in a coma but you don't have to be so jumpy." Mia said as she waltzed in the room, snack in hand.
"Sorry." I said laughing a bit as I sniffled and whipped away my tears.
"Oh, I'm sorry. I shouldn't joke about that. You love him and he's... Well you know." She said getting stuck on a few words and hugging me trying to calm me down.
"No, it's fine. I just need him to wake up." I said tearing up once again.
"I know we all want him to wake up, he's pretty much everyone's friend." She said also tearing up a bit.
"No, you don't get it. I NEED him to wake up. I can't live without him. I really do need him." I said then silence fell for a few minutes.
"Oh..." Mia eventually said.
Then more silence.
After a while of awkward silence Mia left.
"I hope he wakes up. For you. See you later." She said just above a whisper before Leaving.
I sat with him a while more before leaving. But even at home I couldn't stop thinking about him. It was like he controlled my thoughts.
I fell asleep just past midnight crying and thinking about him.

Please comment and vote. Tell me what you think of the story. I really want to know what you think.
~😎